Healing

A throbbing pain in my side is the first thing I notice, I force my eyes open, I let out a groan as I moved to my side. It hurt! It hurt a lot! I gasp as I look down at my side... there was a lot of blood. What happened? My hands were tied behind my back, "Shhh... I got you, Princess," I hear a familiar voice say. I tilt my head back to see Zach looking down at me.

"Zach..." I say confused as to where I was and why my hands were tied behind my back.

"That hooded man that attack you two weeks ago went after you when you raced out of the castle this morning. Jasper, Carter, and I went looking for you when the sun started to go down... I got separated from them when I saw Mr. Hood, I went after him... Then I saw you on the ground, how are you feeling?" He asks I close my eyes and relax my head.

"Since when do you care? You hate me," I say harsher than I expected.

"Since you got me away from all the cruel masters that I would have gone through if you hadn't saved me. Since I realized that you've done so much for me and I've taken it all for granted. God answered my prayers and I refused to see it," Zach says sadly we sit in silence.

"So you're a Christian?" I ask looking back up at him.

"Yes I am," his says with a confidence that I had never heard from him.

"Tell me about him... your God," I say laying my head in his lap.

"Well... my God has no darkness in him, He is a God of justice. He is righteous, gracious, and full of compassion. You would think that he wouldn't care about us all after all that we've done, after all the sin that we've committed. But He still wants us and loves us, he... he sent his one and only son to die on a cross for us. All our sins are as white as snow once we admit that we have sinned and asked him to come into our hearts." Zach says. I keep my eyes closed I assume that the wound looked pretty bad, his words were getting softer as he went on but at the same time, his voice had strength in it.

"I wish I knew him," I say hoping just a little that there was someone that loved me for me.

"Maybe you will when we get out of here," He says laying my head on the ground and moving around. I'm too tired to open my eyes my strength started to fade. I could hear Zach grunting as he pulled at his restraints, "Come on..." I hear him say.

"Maybe I could help you with that," an unfamiliar voice says.

"Zach," I mumble.

"Shhh, Christina... I'll be fine," he says. I could tell he was lying through his teeth. I suddenly hear Zach gasp in pain. I hear Zach and the hooded man start fighting, I force my eyes open I could see them fighting and Zach wasn't fairing too well. Yes, he was a fast learner when it came to learning how to fight and how to use a sword, but the man he was fighting had so much more experience.

Somehow I struggle to stand up, I grab my dagger which was hidden in my dress near the waist (in a secret pocket or something). I stumble over to the man whose sword was about to swing down at Zach, I stab him in the arm and pulling it back. He screams and pushes me down giving Zach enough time to knock him out cold.

I look up at the sky, the sun was starting to set the stars were coming out. I close my eyes as a calmness came over me, there was no more pain an there was just silence.

~~~~~~~~~~A few days later~~~~~~~~~~

I could hear people talking, the shuffle of feet and a door closing. Someone grabs my hand and they start to cry, I open my eyes to see Zara next to me. I could see the rest of my sisters around the room asleep, all except Octavia. I look at Zara, "Zara..." I say. Her head jerks up tears slid down her cheeks.