Chapter One:

"Happy Birthday Shayla"My best friend Cheyenne yells from across the room after entering the place I call home.

"Oh my god!Cheyenne!"I squeak as I run over to hug her.

Cheyenne always was the only friend I really had.She didn't judge or make fun of my weirdness.I always was a weird person, a fun but weird person.

Someone who didn't care if her socks matched or if she was wearing really messy hair.I began to think that it's selfish thinking about myself all the time but decide not to think anymore of it.It's my birthday for crying out loud, not just any birthday but my sweet sixteen and I should enjoy before it's all gone tomorrow.

"Shayla!"She snaps her black nail polished hands in my face.

I blink rapidly and I shake my head alittle to get rid of the thoughts in my head.

"Earth to Shayla!"She now has her hands on my shoulders and I direct my eyes to hers.

"Yeah.....sorry"I apologies for not paying attention.

"Sixteen huh?"She questions while she looks down at my shoes then back up to my face.

"Yes!"I giggle.

Cheyenne throws her arm over my shoulder and we both walk toward the cake.I notice that she is wearing a dress which shocks me.

"Are....you..wearing a...dress?"I say pushing her away alittle to observe.

Its a sleek,navy dress that stops right at the middle of her thigh,with long sleeves and three buttons on the "v" of the neckline.I have to admit that the dress goes good with her facial features.Cheyenne is gorgeous, even for a tomboy.She has dark black hair which I'm sure she dyed,she has  emerald green eyes and black lipsticked lips.

"You no like?"She pouts sarcastically and I can't help but smile at her.

"Yes I no like"I say.

She looks confused for a second before I blurt.

"I love!"I say breaking the look on her face.

She and I both laugh.

"B-T-W, you look awesome"She elbows me in my side making me flinch but I know how she is.

"Ok it's time to do cake"My dad yells making me alittle embarassed.

"Shayla Happy B-day!"Cheyenne's mom says.

"Thanks Ms.Martinez!"I almost shout.

A minute goes by of loud chatters and finally the words of the day.

I space out and then come to.

"....happy birthday to you!"They all sing in tune.

It's time! Time to make it offical.I know that its just another birthday, it's not just a birthday for me, its my sweet sixteen, the day I dont need to ask for approval and in two years I wont even have to asked because I will do what I want.

I look at the candles for awhile before taking in a life changing breath and blow all sixteen out.

"Ow!"Cheyenne yells in a party way.

I raise my hands in the hair while everybody claps and begin chattering once more.

"Happy Birthday Sweetheart!"My dad walks over and plants a kiss on my forehead before walking over to Ms.Calini, our neighbor.

"Time to ditch"Cheyenne whispers before grabbing my arm and dragging me up to my bedroom.

"Ok, Ronnie is having a killer party!"She shouts while pinching her fingers together as I close the door.

"And...?"I shake my hand and plop it down onto my bed.

"And...I invited you."

"You can't be serious...me? at a party?No I'm just gonna stay home!"

"Why not?"

"Because"

"Because I'm not going!"

"Fine, then I'm not going"

"What?No, go to the party."

"Nope"

"Why?"

"Because you are not going, Shayla."

"You know what?!"

"What?"

"Let's just fucking go!"

After I say that,Cheyenne jumps up and squeals before hugging me really tight to the point where I feel like I'm gonna faint.

"Okay, lemme change!"I say.

"Yay!"She cheers.

After I change into a pair of ripped jeans with black boots and a baggy pink sweatshirt, I walk out and her eyes widing.

"What!"I shout.

"You wear ripped jeans?"She asks sarcastically.

"Hahhaha, Let's go!"