Chapter Two

Cheyenne and I walk downstairs to the kitchen.Right as we get to the back door,my mom catches us.

"Hey girls, where ya going?"She questions.

My mom is the average house mom with her long blonde hair,blue eyes, and her ruby lips.Always in an apron even when not cooking.

"Uhmmm..me..and..?"I stutter.

"I'm gonna take Shayla to hang out with some friends...for..her birthday!"

Cheyenne finishes for me leaving me to play along.If my mom found out I was going to a party, she would ask too many questions and I'm not good at answering them.

"Oh ok, have fun"My mom says leaving my mind in confusion and my facial expression serious.We borh wave to my mom and slowly walk out the door.

"Oh and Shayla!"My mom yells.

"Yeah mom"

"You too be careful and Happy Birthday!"

"Thanks mom and we will!"I yell then once again face the road.

Cheyenne is a year older than me so she already has her drivers license which I sometimes get jealous of but now I get to get mine soon.Cheyenne's car is not a fancy one, its just one of those hondas.A black honda to be exact.She loves black, she's not gothic or emo, she's a tomboy who really likes black.She starts the ignition which makes me jump alittle from my thoughts.

"Ready?"She asks and I nod with a grin.

The music that Cheyenne is plays is actually a real surprise.She plays Norah Jones which makes smile.I think this is the first I'version have heard music in her car.Usually she's on the phone with her lover boy, Ronnie.So this is a game changer.We drive for ten minutes and chasing pirates comes on and I can't help but sing along.Norah Jones's voice is so peaceful which makes my eyes a little heavy.Before I know it, I have dozed off.The vibration under the seat frim driving relax me and Norah singing.I think that the song is on repeat because it played three times already.I continue to hear the same lyrics in my sleep

"In your messages say you were going away but I'm not done with tonight"Norah vocals.

The car finally stops in front of a very lighted up house with solar lights in the green grass and you can here splashing and screaming which there is probably a pool in the back.Teens stand out in the front in little groups.Confetti on the ground along with a bunch of red plastic cups.Bass from loud music makes the air shake.

"This is Ronnie's house!"I say.

"Yep!"She says pulling her seatbelt off and sticks half her body out the window and over the roof of the car while she waves to some guy who is running towards us.

"Ronnie!"Cheyenne squeaks.

She lowers down and steps out of the car the less foreign way.I stay put as the blackheaded girl runs and hugs her hubby.He is a tall,fit guy with dark hair and a bright smile.Pretty good looking.She hugs him so tight he makes my heart ache alittle because it's so cute.As I think she has forgotten about me, I am wrong by her coming and opening the door with her tall dark and handsome.

"What are you doing, come on?!"with that I lift the belt off my chest and step out of the black car that I learn to love.

"I'm Ronnie!"he speaks.

"Heh...Shayla"I say low.

"N-T-M-U Shayla!"He says.

"You too"I say with a smile.

"Well...?"Cheyenne breaks up my gawking session with Ronnie's face.He is very attractive,she definitely found a keeper.

"Huh?"I am confused.

"Let's go!"She laughs.

"Oh"I join her and all three of us walk to the entrance of the very wild party.

Cheyenne knocks on the door, well it was more of a bang in tune.When a clearly intoxicated guy opens the door she pushes through dragging me in with Ronnie behind us.