chapter 1 oops sorry space dad

Life as a Paladin of Voltron was hard, and not in the usual way. After the battle of The Galran empire had been really quiet lately and that put the whole coalition on edge. It was unusual, especially after taking in and interrogating Prince Lotor for anything that could harm them.

The Prince had told them of very valuable targets to hit to really hurt the empire and Zarkon himself. The paladins then handed Lotor over to the Blade of Malmora for further interrogation. Kolivan would find something for him to do.
Sooner then the paladins had expected, Lotor had been put through the blade trials and had passed. No one had expected that. After about two months things started to go back into a normal routine for the paladins. Allura slowly forgave the transgression that Lotor had done and they had a small, fragile trust.
Soon they began to bring more planets into the coalition with the information and finally they decided that it was time to hit Zarkon went would really hurt. His quintessence supply lines were not only a huge blow to the empire as a power source but also to the druids. It was time for a mission to highjack a supply line.
Everything had been planned to a T, they picked a line that was far out. That would be easy to hit and have to deal with Haggar or her druids. One of the blades needed an extraction and they were on this ship. They would be getting this attack in one day.

______________________________________

POV Shiro.

The mission was not going great, not only was Haggar on the ship and she was pretty much attacking anything that moved. Even with Lance and Hunk providing covering fire it was still a hard fight. I noticed a strange gun starting up and being pointed at Pidge.
"Your fight will end here paladin!" Haggar shouted. Her voice was loud and gravely as it travelled across the room. I watched as the beam shot across the room.
"Keith!" Lance shouted in horror.
I watched in horror as Keith took a leap and tried to push them out of the way of the blast. It was clear that the blast had hit them both. We all took a step back as a huge flash of light enveloped the room.
As the light began to fade I looked over to where Pidge and Keith had last been and found nothing but a poof of smoke. There was no blood or any piece of their armor.
"-Ro! Shiro! We have to go. Now." Kolivan ruffly grabbed my arm and dragged me twords the exit. Black was growling in the back of my head, trying to get me to move faster. I quickly got in and flew twords the castle. Lance had picked up the Green Lion and had brought it back to it's bay.
Allura made a wormhole and we quickly made our escape from the battle. Then it finally sunk in, Pidge and Keith were gone and they had no way to track them.