chapter 4 the first girl

POV Alfor

I ran down to the cell block and opened the door. Blaytz was standing right in front of it, no one saw the pillow coming and no one expected it to have such force behind the throw. Zarkon moved to try and calm the child down, she was after all a galran child. His instincts were most likely acting up.
"Kit please calm down. We want to help you-"
"HELP! I DON'T WANT YOUR HELP! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU DID TO ME!"
Never have we ever heard a child so young, swear to that degree. The horror that such profanity had come from such a young mouth. We were all stood there, dumfounded and shocked. The girl eyed us with much distain, and hate. No not hate... Fear. Pure fear of what I was confused about but it would have to be looked into later.
Zarkon lifted his hands up in a surrendering pose for the girl to see most likely in hopes of making her feel calm.
It did not work. In three tics she was around Zarkon, pushing off Gyrgen's side, running between Trigel and myself and finally around Blaytz. He watched her go in a haze.
"Well... that was ... interesting."Gyrgen spoke softly.
I pulled up the com system and alerted all of the castle gaurds that the girl had awoken and was now running through the halls. Quickly my friends left to go after her, I was going to head up to the security room to check the cameras. Hopefully I could use it to alert my friends of where she was.

Third person POV

All the guards were shocked to see a young half galran girl running through the hallways of the castle of lions. They stood sill for only a moment until they began to fallow her through the halls. The paladins we're also chasing after the young girl, worried about her safety. Zarkon was scared she'd get lost somewhere within the castle. Alone and uncertain of what was going on around her she could easily get lost or even worse...hurt. Alfor quickly got back on the comms once he arrived at the bridge, he told them that he would keep them updated on the girl's movements through the halls.
On screen Alfor watched as the girl ran doing a series of flips and bouncing off the walls to get over and past many of the guards. Alfor alerted guards at certain points in the halls so that they could try to slow her down. But that didn't happen she got past them again.
Alfor watched in awe as the child expertly dodged the guards and ran down the hall. She was getting dangerously close to the entrance of the palace, if she got to close she could get out and that would mean she could get lost somewhere in the city.
Alfor alerted Zarkon to this terrifying fact. Zarkon turned down a split in the hallway and ran to the front entrance of the castle. He told the gaurds to have the front doors and gates shut, as he turned to go back to block the door way he heard the girl running. Her head was trained on the guards behind her. The gaurds were gaining on her heels, she was so focused on them that her feet tripped up and she fell. She rolled right into the gaurd rail and over the side. With in tics Zarkon was below her to catch her. Her hands caught the rail but Zarkon could tell she couldn't hold on for long.
Trigel went up to the rail and leaned over to try and help her back up on to the landing. Worry flashed across her face as the child shook her head no tears streaming down her cheeks.
"Come on, it's ok little one. Give me your hands now." Trigel spoke to her softly. A whine that was purely instinct escaped her lips and Zarkon knew she would not budge unless someone from her pack got her or she fell. It was bound to happen soon for he could tell her grip was slipping.
"Come little one. Let go, I am going to catch you. Do not be afraid." Zarkon's voice was soft as he reached up to her small frame. Suddenly the girl's hands slipped from the rail and into Zarkon's arms. He brought her close to his chest and moved to lay her head on his shoulder. Her arms wound around his neck and in those few tics her hands began to hold in his cape. Her soft sobs echoed as he took her back to her new recovery room.
She had cried herself to sleep by the time they laid her down.

_______________________________________

Authers note.

Hey readers! I am so glad you like my story and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to write this chapter. I should have the next one out in a few weeks. Thanks for being so patient with me and I hope you will still read this fic. 😊