Familiar scents

Sophia waved goodbye to Vincent. He was returning to the vampire council's castle to form a new council. "Hi" a voice sounded behind her. She jumped in the air and turned, breathing heavily. Luna stood there with a smirk on her face. "What are you doing?" She questioned angrily. "Easy, girl. It's time to go" Luna smirked and walked off. Sophia sighed grumpily and stomped after Luna. "Nice outfit, by the way" the werewolf winked at the snarling vampire. At the open castle doors, Harry, Ria and Alice stood, anticipation coursing through their veins. Sophia bit her lip at the sight of her friends. Up until now, the full severity of the situation hadn't hit her. And now it was hurled at her like a ton of bricks. Her friends could die. The three people she loved could die. And Luna... the thought terrified her more than she could anticipate. Sophia was snapped out her horrendous thoughts when a familiar coppery taste filled her mouth. She put a pale hand to her healing lip. The blood seeped through her mouth. She could feel that it was healed. But the taste was still there. When she reached her friends, she knew that they were determined... and that she couldn't stop them. She glanced at Luna. The young werewolf was taking a deep breath. Her layered jet black hair rustled in the air. Her gold eyes stared out, full of many conflicting emotions. Her tanned skin glinted in the sunlight. Her brown lips moved softly. Sophia admired her beauty. Luna was truly gorgeous. "Ok, let's go" Luna called out. Sophia walked to her side. She reached for Luna's rough hand. Her request was met. And they walked off into the trees.

Luna was panicking. Harry, Ria and Alice could get hurt. And Sophia... beautiful, gentle Sophia. Luna couldn't bear thinking about it. It scared her too much. The few days they'd had together felt like months. Somehow, she just knew Sophia. It made no sense. But it was still how she felt. She knew that if they encountered a patrol from the dark wolves, they might not get through. Their clothes could give them away. Or their scent. Sure, she'd made them rub a million pine needles on their skin and keep herbs in their pockets, but the dark wolves might be able to smell through that. A hand squeezed her's. She had to admit, Sophia's smooth hand brought a small comfort to her. Soon, familiar scents flooded her sensitive nose. The lights of the cabins came into view. Once they got over the border line, they were safe. Although anyone was allowed in the neutral zone, the werewolf territory was split in two. And no dark wolves could enter their side. However, she was worried about the dark wolves who patrolled the borderline in the neutral zone. They could kill... someone in that zone. Just when Luna thought they were safe, three wolves skidded into view. They transformed instantly. A brunette woman lead, with a platinum blonde male and ginger female behind. "Luna Pine. Should have known you'd crawl back from the bats eventually" the brunette growled. Luna resisted the urge to rip her throat out. Her violent side was the last thing they needed now. "Who are they?" The leader demanded, gesturing at the vampires. "New wolves. Transformed a week ago. You wouldn't know them" Luna exclaimed confidently. She could feel the panic coursing through her veins. Her breathing was becoming more ragged by the minute. Sophia's hand gripped tighter and tighter. "Uh-huh" the brunette intoned with a hint of sarcasm. The blonde male sniggered and the ginger female smirked. "Do they have names?" The leader took a step forward as she declared her question. She scanned the vampires thoroughly. "Of course" Luna rolled her eyes "This is Shard"- She pointed at Alice, who nodded at the patrol -"Brooke"- Ria gave a tiny wave as Luna pointed her short nail at the smaller vampire -"Ash"- Harry smiled quickly -"and Fern" she grinned at Sophia as she called the name out. The brunette wavered between satisfaction and disbelief. Luna could practically read her thought process. On the one hand, Luna was part of the prophecy and could be their downfall. But she was the chieftain's daughter and while a war was what the dark wolves wanted, hurting her gave both the light wolves and the vampires an edge: rage. Then there was the matter that she was outnumbered. Finally, she settled on a decision. "Fine. Go back to that camp of traitors. And tell that vampire girlfriend of yours she's as dead as the rest of that stupid council." Luna felt sharp nails dig into her hand. Although Sophia's fury was nothing compared to hers. The feeling of anger overwhelmed her. She tried to go back and pummel the bastards but Sophia forced her forwards. She could feel upset radiating off of the blonde. As they crossed the border line, she released a breath she did not know she had been holding. Her father walked forward immediately. "Luna" he called confidently as he pulled her into a hug. "Lady Sophia" he exclaimed in shock as he retreated from the embrace. "Chief Woods" she nodded her head. Luna expected instant questions but her father seemed to understand. He then noticed the other three. "Welcome" he bowed his head and put his hand over his heart. Harry, Ria and Alice copied him. "We have two spare cabins. I hope you don't mind sharing. Claudius will take you there and provide you with fresh clothing" the chief declared. Claudius walked over and guided the three away. "Luna, you share will Lady Sophia. I shall see you at dinner." And with that, he walked away. Luna grabbed the vampire's hand and walked her to their now-shared cabin. Once they got inside, Sophia seemed to relax. "You can change if you want" Luna smirked as she lay in the bed. "No offence, but I don't think you're clothes are my... style" Sophia deadpanned. Luna grinned as she held up a rucksack. Sophia grabbed the bag and yanked the zip open. She squealed with delight and emptied the contents on the bed. Black and red fabrics tumbled out. Trousers and skirts and tops went everywhere. Shoes spilled across the floor. Luna's grin widened at Sophia's excitement. "How did you fit so much in there?" The vampire gasped as she rummaged through the contents. Luna swung her legs round the side of the bed. "Magical, mysterious ways" she said dramatically. Sophia giggled. A beautiful sound. Soft yet clear, like gentle bells. Luna sighed happily. "What?" Sophia smiled with a raised eyebrow. "You have a beautiful laugh" Luna murmured. Sophia lent down. "Aren't you sweet" she giggled and kissed Luna's cheek, before walking off without another word. The werewolf's hand went to her cheek with only one thought on her mind: I'm never washing this cheek again.