The Coldest Night

Ming and Kit are drinking a beer while having a chat together beside the pool, then suddenly the phone on the table rings. The phone owner doesn't bother to pick it up, but the phone keeps ringing and Kit feels anxious, he quickly stands up to grab the object then press the green button to answer.

"Hello?!"

"Doctor Ming!!?" answered the voice on the other side panicked. "You need to come to the hospital now! Doctor Forth got in a car accident and is currently in the ICU!"

Kit froze immediately as he hears the news, he turned to Ming and press the loudspeaker button.

"Halo, Doctor Ming!!! Do you hear me?!" he said again. "Doctor Forth got in a car accident and he's in the operating room right now!"

Ming feels like struck by lightning as he hears the news, the beer can in his hand fall down in a second, he looks at Kit and turns pale. Kit quickly cut off the phone line, without wasting any more time they quickly head to the hospital.

Ming is sitting silently in front of the ICU with Kit at his side. His lips feel so dry and the heart is beating fast, but his view was empty.

"You want to drink something? I'll get it for you!" Kit offers him worried, then stoop up wanting to get the drink, but quickly stopped by Ming.

"No need, I don't feel thirsty."

"Your face is pale, you must be worry about him so much, don't you?"

"I'm fine..."

"Sorry." Kit mumbled and lower his head.

"Sorry for what?" Ming looks at him confused.

"I shouldn't come to see you, so P'Forth won't leave you in anger...and...."

Ming quickly gripped Kit's left hand and hold it tight. "Sstt...what happened to Forth was an accident..."

Kit shook his head. "I'm sorry P'Ming, but this is my fault!" he regrets.

"If anyone should be blamed, then that person is me ... " Ming cut. "I'm the one who should be responsible ..."

"But, if I didn't come and looking for you, then P'Forth wouldn't...."

"He'll be fine...believe me..." Ming is trying to comfort himself and Kit. "He got to be fine..."

Suddenly someone approaches them and offers them a drink.

Ming lifts his head to look at the person. "N'Beam, thank you for calling me."

"It happened to get a night shift when I heard the news..." said Beam. "I was also as shocked as you guys....doctor Forth...he..." Beam trailed off.

"How did happen?" Kit asked.

"From the report I got, his car hit the roadblock and turn upside down..."

"Any police report about the cause of the accident?" he asked again.

Beam nodded and replied. "From the lab test results, doctor Forth was drunk while driving..."

Ming widens his eyes, and they get the answer where Forth went after they fight.

"Doctor Ming, I know your relationship with the doctor was close, you're like brothers...and I know you must be worried about him..." Beam said to Ming.

"He will be fine..."

"I hope so..."

---------------------------------