The Wedding Day

Three weeks passed since Kit accepted Ming's proposal to be his husband and rightful partner till death tear them apart. These past three weeks were hectic, they needed to do all kind of preparations for the wedding starting with the invitations and ending with the decoration of the venue, but finally, all was prepared and ready for the big event.

Today is the wedding day, all the guests were sitting calmly on their colorful chairs and waiting for the couple to make their appearance.

"Good evening everybody. Welcome to Bangkok. Welcome to the Shangri-La Hotel, and welcome to the wedding of Mingkwan Daechapanya and Kittinan Intochar. All of you look terrific. My name is Norrawee Boripat. I am a Wedding Officiant of Bangkok city and a Life-Cycle Celebrant. It is my honor to be officiating this wedding. Before we begin, please turn the volume of your phones up as high as possible, so that when somebody gets a phone call during the ceremony we all know whom to blame. Alternatively, please silence your phones. The ceremony is about to begin."

OFFICIANT: Please rise to meet our happy couple.

Ming and Kit walked side-by-side to the luxurious altar from the hotel, where they had been waiting for the officiant to give the blessing for their wedding, along with the family and friends of the bridegrooms, and with the media that would witness the marriage.

Ming and Kit wore both white suits combined with gold ties. Ming's face was showing a widely smile while holding his soon to be husband's hand toward the altar where he and Kit would start a new stage of their lives. While Kit all was shy and nervous, there were so many people he didn't know and all of them were looking at him, given the fact that he's in a band should make him braver, right? I mean he always gets attention when he's on stage, but this is different he's not performing right now and when he did he was focusing on his drums so he didn't see all the people looking at him, but now all the eyes were on him. He took a deep breath and looked at his soon to be husband who smiled reassuringly at him, that simple gesture calm him down instantly, he smiled back to his fiance and despite his emotions, he was as happy as Ming. He will be married to the man he loves, finally.

OFFICIANT: You may be seated, thank you.

OFFICIANT: Welcome everybody. We are thrilled that so many of you could make it here today. One of the wonderful things about a wedding is that it also serves as a multi-family reunion, and it always pleases me to learn how far people are willing to travel to be here on a day like this, for an event like this, which just goes to show you how important it is to mark these happy transitions in our lives. We have guests here today from China, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, South Korea, Philippines, and Indonesia.

OFFICIANT: Ming and Kit have asked if I could read this excerpt from Plato's Symposium. So I will.

Plato's Symposium Excerpt

Love is our best friend, our helper, and the healer of the ills that prevent us from being happy. To understand the power of love, we must understand that our original human nature was not like it is now, but different. Human beings each had two sets of arms, two sets of legs, and two faces looking in opposite directions. There were three sexes then: one comprised of two men called the children of the Sun, one made of two women called the children of the Earth, and a third made of a man and a woman, called the children of the Moon. Due to the power and might of these original humans, the Gods began to fear that their reign might be threatened. They sought for a way to end the humans' insolence without destroying them. It was at this point that Zeus divided the humans in half. Each of us when separated, having one side only, is but the indenture of a person, and we are always looking for our other half. Those whose original nature lies with the children of the Sun are men who are drawn to other men, those from the children of the Earth are women who love other women, and those from the children of the Moon are men and women drawn to one another. And when one of us meets our other half, we are lost in an amazement of love and friendship and intimacy, and would not be out of the other's sight even for a moment. We pass our whole lives together, desiring that we should be melted into one, to spend our lives as one person instead of two, and so that after our death there will be one departed soul instead of two; this is the very expression of our ancient need. And the reason is that human nature was originally one and we were a whole, and the desire and pursuit of the whole is called Love.