Chapter Nine

I smiled on the way home, "Guess what Austin?" He looked over slightly, "Yes?" I blushed, "I love you." He smiled, "And I love you more." I giggled, "I have love from two other people too, so I think I kinda love you more." He intertwined our fingers, "Guess so babygirl. At least until for another 5 months." I laughed as he put the car in park once we came up the driveway. I grabbed my phone and the keys from the ignition and he grabbed my arm and pulled me down to give me a kiss.

I laid down in the bed and rubbed my stomach. I smiled as Austin entered the room, "Hurry up, they're kicking. I think it's mostly your son over here on this side." He put his hand on my stomach and smiled, "Hey lil shit heads, calm down. Stop kicking mommy Max so much. I smiled, "Mommy Max and Daddy Austin." He smiled at me then kissed my forehead. "They need to hurry up, I want to hold our babies in my arms," Austin said quietly. I smiled, "Thank you Austin, I was just scared to love my bestfriend because what if it didn't work out, then I could have lost you completely, and I didn't want that. I love you okay?" He wrapped his arms around me, "I love you too babygirl. No need to worry about that, I'll always be here for you." I smiled and snuggled into him. I walked down the stairs, and suddenly I felt myself fall forward. Last thing I remember was Austing putting me in the car in a panic.

I woke up to a single beeping sound. I looked around to see the nurse looking at some papers on the side of the bed. I groaned, "Why am I in here? Is the babies okay?" She responded, "Shh, Relax Miss. Precaido. You tripped down the stairs. Austin said he'd rather give you the news." I started crying as I rubbed my stomach. Austin walked in and sighed. He put his hands over mine. "We... lost both Jasper and Kenzie." I cried harder, "It's all my fault, I should have stayed upstairs." Austin wiped my eyes, "You would have had to come downstairs eventually." I sniffled, "I should of been more careful." Austin pulled me close to him, "It's alright. We can always have more." The nurse interupted, "About that. There is about a 10 percent chance that she'll be able to carry another child." I whimpered as I tried to breathe. Austin rubbed my back as he stood up, "Was it a good fucking idea to tell her that at this point in time," he raised his voice, "She just found out that she lost not only one but two of her unborn children! Was it a good fucking idea?" She said calmy, "Sir. Please calm down." He stormed out the room. I sighed, "Please excuse him. He lost his mother. One of his fears was loosing me or the twins." She nodded, "We're discharging you now, you should be able to go home in about 15 minutes." I searched around, "Uhm, is it a possibility to have my phone?" She nodded once again, "Yes, it's in a bag in the bathroom, I'll go get it for you," She handed my phone.

I got a text from Austin, "I'm going home, I can't be around those people, would you mind staying at your brothers tonight? I need time to be alone." I cried softly as I texted him back, "Of course. See you when I come get some clothes. I love you," He texted back, "K." Now I truly know it's my fault. 

I put my clothes on after I got unhooked from all the machines. I walked outside and called Jaime, "Hey, come pick me up from the hospital?" He asked worriedly, "Why? What's wrong? Where's Austin?" I sighed, "I'll tell you later, I would really not want to talk about it right now." I heard him open the door to the house, "I'm on my way."