☆Jay☆ >Starbucks<

Song: Lost It All - Roomie ft. Custom Phase

Prompt: N/A

Ages: Jay is 17, and Y/N is 16.

Relationship Status: Acquaintances

Notes: This is movie Jay, Jay and Nya aren't dating, and Jay is an adorable muffin! (∀≦)

Disclaimer: I do not own Ninjago.

You heard the familiar chime of the bell above the door, averting your attention from cleaning the mug in your hands to the customer. You smiled upon seeing who it was. The oh-so-familiar chocolate brown haired boy approached you, a smile worn tiredly on his features. You placed the mug you were cleaning down and proceeded to the till, anticipating his order.

"The usual, I guess?" You questioned, already knowing the answer.

"Yes, please," he said, yawning cutely.

You turned around, and proceeded to make his regular order. He looked more tired than normal, so that lead you to wonder why. That also lead to you thinking about how adorable he looked when he yawned, and how when he smiled it brightened up your whole day. Then you realised that when he laughed, it sounded like the most beautiful sound you had ever heard. You stole a glance in his direction, and admired how his chocolate brown hair sparkled in the light that shone down on him. The nick in his eyebrow always caught your attention, but today it just stood out even more. In that moment, to you, it seemed like Jay and you were the only people in the world.

"Y/N! Hey, Y/N!" Your friend (B/F/N) jerked you back to reality, nudging you discreetly.

"Eh? What's wrong, (B/F/N)?" You perked up, realising your surroundings in the shop had returned.

"You were spacing out. Again!" They proclaimed. "Stop daydreaming about your favourite customer and give him his drink!"

You then noticed Jay was waiting patiently by the counter. He looked over in your direction, and shot you a small smile. You gave one back and turned to get his drink, blushing furiously at how cute he was. Before you handed him the drink, you grabbed a pen and wrote a message as you always would. At that moment, the chime of the bell above the door sounded, and a dark-skinned boy ran in, hurrying over to Jay.

"Jay! C'mon, we need to go!" He exclaimed, loud enough for only Jay to hear, but since you were so close you heard him too.

"Cole? What are you doing here? Why do we need to go?" Jay asked, seemingly confused. Cole whispered something in his ear, you not hearing what it was this time. Jay's eyes widened, and he nodded swiftly. Cole then turned his head to you, his eyes trailing down towards your name tag.

"'Y/N', huh? So you're the girl Jay comes home and starts babbling about after he's been to Starbucks!" He stated, clearly trying to tease Jay. You were pretty sure your face had exploded a million shades of red, and noticed Jay's had too.

"S-shut up, Cole!" Jay stammered, fidgeting nervous with his hands. "Let's just go, the others are waiting!"

Cole chuckled, and agreed. "See you around, Jay's girlfriend!" He called as he darted out of the shop.

Jay shook his head, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "Sorry about him," he said, giving you an apologetic smile.

"Nah, don't sweat it. But, do you go home and babble another me?" You asked, smirking.

"Maybe," he mumbled, but you heard him. Jay grabbed the cup, and turned to leave. "Thanks!" He said, winking in your direction as he left. You turned to (B/F/N), who was laughing at the flustered look on your face. "He winked at me," you murmured, excited for the following day.

"What was that all about?!?" Jay demanded, looking at his best friend exasperatedly. "You know I have a crush on her!"

Cole simply smiled. "I was helping you out, clearly."

"Oh, whatever," Jay sighed. Raising the cup to his lips, he caught sight of the message Y/N had left. After taking a sip, he read it excitedly. 'Hope you have an electrifying day! P.S: Call me ;) (insert your phone number)' it read. Jay cheered happily in his head, glad to finally get a hold of her number.

Word Count: 667

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

~ Rose ٩( 'ω' )و