☆Cole☆ >Wanted<

Song: I'll Try - KJ Apa

Prompt: An old drabble I wrote that I have now turned into this

Ages: 17

Relationship Status: Acquaintances (I guess???)

Warning: Mild language

Silently, you dashed from roof to roof. You were on the run from the Ninja yet again, this time because you'd stolen an ancient artefact; the Diamond Sceptre. Apparently, it once belonged to a member of the Elemental Alliance. Your master wanted it for unknown reasons, so he sent you to steal it for him, or else. So you obliged. The black ninja was sent out to catch you alone, so you thought it'd be slightly easier escaping this time. Glancing behind your shoulder, you saw that the black ninja were rather far behind, so you stopped for a minute, debating on whether to continue or turn yourself in. You didn't want to be late, but you'd been going non-stop for nearly an hour. If you were late, who knows what your master would do to you.

Your master hates your guts. You have no clue why, but he just does. Your father previously ran the gang you worked for, but he passed away and the current master took over. Oh yeah, and he was your brother. Every time a tough mission came up , he would send you to do it and not even praise you when you returned. If you were late, or failed the mission, he would punish you by making you do all the chores and handling the majority of the jobs. You hated it. You never wanted to join the stupid gang in the first place. Briefly looking over your shoulder, you saw the earth ninja doing Airjitsu to reach you. You looked between the bag that held the sceptre and the ninja, and made up your mind. You took the sceptre out of the bag, turned to the ninja and held the artefact in front of you.

Cole wondered what you were doing. You'd stopped and turned to face him as he used Airjitsu to get across quicker. He then noticed you were holding the sceptre in his direction and realised what you might be doing. That sceptre held elemental powers, and you might be trying to use them on him. Hurriedly, Cole landed on the roof and sprinted over to you.

You saw the black ninja hurrying over to you, a look of panic in his eyes. You wondered what could be the cause of that when you remembered why. When the ninja reached you, he knocked the sceptre out of your hands, and pinned
you down.

"Surrender now. Or else." He commanded harshly, still on top of you.

"Um, yeah, maybe, after you get off of me?" You spat, glaring at him, whilst thankful for the mask covering your face as a small red hue spread across your cheeks.

"No can do, bro. If I let you go, who knows what you're gonna do," he responded as if he had complete knowledge over what you would you, eyes flaming. Your eyes narrowed at the 'bro' part, and the you realised he seemed to think you were a boy. You chucked lightly at his assumption.

"What's so funny?" He demanded briskly.

"Y-you think I'm a boy?" You managed to get out between laughter.

"Wait, you're a-a girl?" He stuttered, before finally realising the position you were in, which caused your faces to be awfully close.

"Uh-I-uhh-" he stammered, the visible part of his face erupting into a million shades of red, as he backed away. You thought he was rather cute. "I-I'm sorry," he apologised, still blushing furiously.

"Don't sweat it," You shook it off, denying the fact that you thought he was cute and trying to erase the blush coating your cheeks. Once his blush had died down, he looked at you curiously.

"Why aren't you rushing to get the sceptre?" He asked, tilting his head cutely.

You brushed the thought away, and replied, "I don't want it."

"What?" He questioned, confused by my answer.

"I don't want it." You repeated plainly.

Cole stared at you in confusion as to why you'd gone through all the effort to get it, only to claim you didn't want it. "Then why are you stealing it?" He asked. Your face fell at that.

"My master ordered me to," you murmured, your gaze directed towards that ground.

Cole could tell something was wrong as the light from your eyes died. "What's to bad about your master? Well, apart from him being a criminal mastermind." He playfully joked. At that, you cracked a small smile and looked up to face him.

"He's my brother, but he treats me like shit and forces me to do all the hard work, and he hates me for some unknown reason," you explained. Cole's eyes widened, feeling slightly sorry for you. You met his eyes, and saw the pity creeping in.

"Please don't pity me. It makes me feel like people think I'm weak," you said, staring determinedly into his chocolate brown eyes. Cole nodded, understanding how you felt.

"Anyway, what's your name?" He asked carefully, unsure whether you'd tell him.

"Y/N. And you?" You replied, deliberately not giving your last name otherwise your brother would have your head.

"Cole. Cole Brookstone." He said, holding a hand out for you to shake. You gladly accepted.

"Well, Cole Cole Brookstone, it was nice meeting you, but you're probably going to send me to the police in a moment, am I right?" You cheekily responded.

Cole shook his head. "Nope. You don't actually seem like the type that would do this on purpose so I'll let you off." He explained, letting go of your hand. Secretly, you longed to feel the warmth of his hand in yours again, but would never admit it. You smiled up at him, grateful for his actions.

"Well, I should probably get home before my punishment gets any worse," you smiled sadly at him, wishing you lived a different life.

"H-hey, do you wanna come with me? Like, back to The Bounty, not the police station?" He suddenly enquired, face turning red once again as he extended a hand out to you. Your heart fluttered wildly in your chest; this was the nicest thing anyone had ever done to you. Seeing that you were cautious, a smirk spread across his face as he questioned, "Do you trust me?"

You stared at him in shock. "What?" You breathed, red slowly spreading across your cheeks.

"Do you trust me?" He repeated, the playful smirk still lingering.

Even though you'd just met Cole, you felt a special attraction towards him and took his hand into yours, smiling broadly at him. "I do."

Word Count: 1,091

I hope you enjoyed, and have a great day/night!

~RoseCat11 ٩( 'ω' )و