:Chapter 1:

:Freya:

Werewolves have mates. Someone that you belonged with that the moon goddess encouraged your wolf to seek out. A mate was identified by a scent and the wolf's know a mate by scent and the scent tells them everything before they alert the human.

They'd reject numerous scents that they find. The human won't even be aware of it. Both wolves have to accept each other. Numerous mates could be rejected by the wolf without the human even aware of it. But if a human rejects the mate than there was nothing left for the two.

The wolves would be a seething pot of poison. But mates had a purpose. They were meant for each other. And are to get to know each other and grow to love each other. A mate's bond is instant, but love takes time. From a few months to years sometimes.

But the feeling was worth it. You could depend on your mate. They loved you with all their mate. They'd never cheat on you. You could trust them. If you were broken they'd pick up every piece and put them back. They were your best friend in the end just as much as your real best friend.

They were your everything. You would grow with each other. They'd discover your flaws and would love you even with those flaws. They were the one person you could always depend on in any time. If they could be there, they'd be there and you know it.

Mates were there for a reason and I found out the hard way. I had a boyfriend. His name was Mason. 'It was a mistake and you know it. You found out the hard way. He was too good to be true and you know it. He wasn't our mate.'

I knew it and paid the prices. I remember the day he shattered my heart like it was nothing. 'You should of left him and that whore with some scars.' It was a fresh wound. I could remember it like it happened just yesterday and it tore me up.

I was on my way to my boyfriend Mason's dorm. I was going to surprise him with a movie marathon. 'We could of just watched it by ourselves it would of been.' Saee my wolf wasn't too fond of Mason. She didn't mind him, but he wasn't our food.

But everyone said we looked good together. And he was sweet and I had yet to find my mate and craved some sort of affection. I was in a red sweatshirt with white stripes on the sleeves and with roses woven in, a pair of white boyfriend jeans and then white checkered vans.

My long brunette hair fell in waves. I moved my hair from my face with a smile while holding the collection of the Harry Potter movies. It was one of the best things to have a movie marathon with. I liked Harry Potter as well and enjoyed watching the movies.

I continued with a smile through our college campus. We were third year college students at a university in Ohio. I belonged to the pack, The Morning Dream Pack. It wasn't a huge pack like some other packs. One had been Red Claws. Things like that. But it was a nice pack.

Mason was the beta's son as well. 'Something that you like about him.' 'We are from tracker bloodline. Not as good as high ranking, but good.' 'We are still good wolves though.' Saee was right there.

But Mason was nice. I smiled before going up to Mason's door and opening the door before going in. There was noise coming from the bedroom and I took a guess that maybe the alpha's son was here as well. I almost felt bad that I'd be booting him out. Almost.

He'd be fine with it though. Hopefully. I went up my senses on overload taking in the scent of the familiar dorm. Mason's scent of woods and his Axe soap that had gotten quite used to. I went up to the door of his bedroom and pushed it open. Nothing could prepare myself for what was coming.