:Chapter 9:

:Freya:

My eyes looked at the screen of my phone. Realization sank in at the text message Rodney had sent me. That he wasn't joking around when I told him what I wanted to do.

I scheduled you an appointment with the hairdresser today. I'll pick you up around four.

I told Rodney I wanted to cut my hair at the lake. And Rodney just scheduled me an appointment with a hairdresser. And it was today at four. I didn't think he'd take me serious, but he had. I might as well of been high after he kissed me in the lake.

'No you were thinking rationally. In a way where you didn't overthink everything. Where you spoke with your mind not caring what other people think of what your saying. Something that comes out with Rodney. Which you should do more often.' That's what Saee thought of it.

She didn't even care that I was about to have my long hair that everyone loved chopped off. 'I do care. That you only have it because it made the pack like you. Now you have a chance to cut it off. And it'll grow back and you can decide a good length from there.'

Yes it would grow back. Saee had a point there, but what if people didn't like me because I cut it. 'We only really talk to Rodney. And when we start talking to the rest of the pack our hair will be short by then.'

I bit my lip. Saee was bringing really good points to the table on reasons why I could cut my hair and how it wouldn't affect anyone around me. Or me. That I could be free of my hair and the responsibilities of being all pretty and nice when at our old pack.

When I was dating the Beta's son. But Rodney was an alpha's son and they might want me to be pretty and girls with long hair tend to be pretty. 'Both are pretty. Long hair or short hair. You need to just decide what you want.'

Saee brought another point. 'And if you don't like it let it grow out until you like it where it is.' Saee brought yet another point. That I didn't have to be afraid of going to the hairdresser and getting it cut. I bit my lip once more and looked at my phone.

Then I texted Rodney an ok before getting up. There was no classes today. I headed to the bedroom and got dressed into a pair of blue skinny jeans and a t-shirt of mine and put on my sneakers and then went to brushing my hair free of any knots.

If I got it cut, I might not have to brush out all those knots that came with having long hair. My lips tinged up some as I set the brush down after having brushed it free of knots. I spent most of the day just lounging around in my pajamas watching T.V. and being lazy.

'Something that we never did after you started to date Mason. It's like once Mason was gone the chains he brought with were gone. Except the hair. It's like cutting it will get rid of him easily after that.' I bit my lip as I looked at the T.V. that played Cake Wars.

Something simple. Then I went over to the couch and sat down on it and looked at my phone as Rodney texted me and I answered it back. He told me he would be paying for the appointment and I responded with an ok.

I could of paid for it, but if Rodney wanted to pay for it he could. I touched my light brown locks that were long. Soon they wouldn't be this long. The hairdresser would be cutting them off. 'If you don't want to go too short just tell the hairdresser and I'm sure you could find a nice length.'

I nodded at that. I'd probably do that. Just cut it some, not too short, but cut off some to make a point. Saee brought many reasons why I should cut it as it was just hair and could grow back. It wasn't like I was cutting off a limb.