Chapter 2 : The beginning

Before me was something that I would not have expected; at least 20 armoured goblins were surrounding us or to be precise was in front of us.

A large goblin stood out from the group in front of us. It looked at us with 'pity' as it laughed at us.

Inspect

After a while, an icon appeared, displaying the monster's status. It's given name was kinda rare -- A Royal Goblin. That thing was at least thrice as large than a myself and was holding a golden staff decorated with jewels from top till end.

Not to mention that it has that one smug face that you would just want to punch the shit out of him.

Calm down Noy, Calm down...

You may ask -- How did this happened? Well it all goes like this ;

After we reached with entrance, we stealthily proceeded towards the centre. I would just slash the lesser goblins down with ease and Lele would snipe the faraway lesser goblins. A simple yet effective.

After sweeping the place of lesser goblins, we inspected everything to find this 'item' requested by the old man. That was the plan but we were interrupted by a large group of goblins. Oh, and just so happened the special type monsters just so happened to be one of them.

I guess after the second Integral Occurance monsters did evolve into... something else.

Upon meeting the Royal Goblin, Lele immediantly hid her face behind my back, holding my shoulder tightly.

"W-what the hell is that thing?! Kill it! Kill it, Noy! Its disgusting! I can't look at it!"

And as such she was currently covering her face behind me, avoiding all sight contact with the Royal Goblin.

"Lele kill the small ones, I'll take down the main boss!"

"Y-yeah! Grenbur dolbas!" In an impulse, she releases some magic spells all the while shooting the rest using her bow.

As for me, putting all force into my dominant leg, I broke through the goblins defences, breaking their formation and moving to my target -- The Royal Goblin.

Holding my blade with both of my hand, I swung the blade horizontally, aiming to split my target into two.

"Arghfg." A scream vibrated throughout the area. An armoured goblin jumped in front of me just as I swung my blade, ultimately killing said goblin.

"Tch.." I stepped sideways, swiftly dodging an incoming attack from a golden staff. A small crater formed when the staff hits the ground.

Boom!

"Arghhikknhgtrdrjkhhh" I guess Lele was handling the others nicely...

On instinct, I sidestepped once more as a golden blur passed through me. I leaped onto the staff, running across it. The Royal Goblin quickly retracted the staff, but he was too late.

Now!

Focusing my strength once more onto my dominant lag, I leaped towards his face, both hands gripping the handle of my blade tightly. In a split second;

Phantom Slash!

A shadow shilloete stood in place of my previous position. I however was further afar. The skill to accelerate my self in a straight line by using shadow magic.

I rolled on the ground, reducing the force exerted on my body upon impact with the ground.

In a few moments, a large crash could be heard behind me. Looking back, the large Royal Goblin became nothing but a pile of meat; lifeless on the ground.

I turned my vision to the remaining alive goblins who were dumbfounded as their leader suddenly died in front of them.

In a flash, I closed my gap with them, slashing each one of them to the afterlife. Lele on the other hand was picking down the retreating goblins.

In about half an hour, all the goblins were laying down on the ground. My blade stained with crimson blood.

"Well that was easier than expected."

"Hmm, I think so?" Lele said as she was poking a goblin with her staff.

"Well I still don't understand what exactly are we supposed to find in this ruined ruins."

"Let's search around for something then!" She said excitedly, pumping her hand to the skies.

Taking the abandoned golden staff, I started to examine the strange item. Things like this were obviously man-made but this thing seems too valuable for a Royal Goblin to just 'find' it.

Inspect

For a moment, my visual perspective focused only on the staff, blocking every single disturbance around me.

Item inspected : Result -- Data Chip found in Jewel

As I suspected, this isn't just a normal staff. It most likely belonged to the old man or someone close to him.

"Lele, I found the item. Let's go back before the wolves comes here."

"Really? Okay then~ Let's go!" She said as she skipped towards me and grabbed my hand once more.

As such, we returned back to the capital. My left hand holding the staff, my right holding a girl I cared. We managed to return before dusk and the time lapse.

Can I ever answer her question?