Chapter 3 : Vertigo

Data Chips : An item to store past events or basically any data the user wish. Such items were considered a luxury to have.

Such the staff in my hands contained. Early in the morning, I departed towards the old man's place, just near the forest on the east section.

My blade rests on my side, the staff in my left hand. The sky was still dark, only some stars and the illuminating moon to shine the dark corners on the skies. The pathway was illuminated my street lights as usual, lighting up the walkway.

Summon : Screen

___________________
3.47 am
Quest : Incomplete
Condition : Good
___________________

The half-illuminated screen showed my some important things I need to know at the moment. After a good long morning walk, I arrived at the old man's house, a wooden house said to be built by himself.

As this isn't the first time I came here, the old man was surely up and training as usual. As such, I walked around the house, arriving at a small clearing, the old man was practising his attack style, Silat.

"Ah, it would seem you found it dear Noy." He said, still focusing on his movements.

"Yes and may I ask, what is in the data chip that is so important?" I asked. What? I'm curious to know what's inside.

He stoped his practise and smiled at me. He walk towards me and pats my right shoulder.

"Do you know about the Integral War?"

"Who doesn't know the integral war. The groundbreaking war that destroyed almost all of humanity. Sooooo, is the event in the Data Chip?" My eyes lit up in excitement. The integral war! A war between light and darkness! Just like the books I used yo read when I was a kid.

"Haha, you really love that topic, don't you."

"Obviously! Its the most revolutionary moment in humanities life! How could I not be exited about it?!"

"So, you still don't remember..."

"Remember what?"

"Your true self, Noy! Wake up already! This isn't the True reality!"

"W-what do you mean? Are you okay old man?"  As much as I want to say this... What the hell is happening? Remember? Remember what exactly?

"Noy let me ask you, who are you?"

His voice falter in my ears, my sight started to daze off. A sharp pain circulated through my mind.

Who am I?

A silent voiced questioned me. A question that seems so familiar and yet so distant.

Silence filled the space.

The time flow stopped.

Nothing moved, nothing passed.

Darkness, Creation, Endless Ties

"Can't you remember me?"

"Noy! Noyyy! DONT LEAVE ME BAKA!"

"Hmm, don't get cocky kid. You are still inexperienced, there are fragments that are stronger than you."

"My... no our other self... Why do you reject yourself?"

Whispers, screams, Sadness, Anger, Disappointment -- Everything flooded my system, my mind... my sanity. Fragments of what seems to be the past kept rebuilding itself, piece by piece.

"Noy, remember who you are. Remember your Core. Remember Her. Who are you?" A calm voice told me.

Who am I? The phrase kept repeating in my head accompanied with the endless electric shock upon my head.

Clutching my head, I shut my eyes tightly, my legs giving up on me. Hoping for the pain to pass away. Even so, fragments of memories mercilessly invaded my mind, piecing together everything that I once knew...

After a while, it stopped. Taking some time to recover, I started to observe my surrounding.

Once a lively tavern  shift and warp, leaving an unclear trail in front of me. A mixture of darkness and indigo swirling around me were the result of the aftermath. No secret will be a secret forever. I knew this well and yet, I kept denying it for so long -- avoiding everything, avoiding the truth. Soon, darkness overwhelmed me as I fall back into slumber, collapsing my mind into my reality.