Chapter 4 : Hide and Seek

"Noy! BAKA! Get up!" A voice called me... or rather this other me. The moment I 'woke up' I was greeted into this place. A place where I don't exist and yet it was so familliar. Of course the answer was so obvious. This place was nothing more than a fragment of my kind.

My past huh

The young me was kneeling on the ground, his right hand overflowing with crimson blood. His head wasn't any much better, as dried blood clumped on his wound. His frail body against the monsters was too much for him or rather anyone. He wasn't a semi-core or a fragment for that matter. He was useless, I was useless against the monsters and yet, he still protects the girl.

Speaking of which, the girl was so familliar that I could guess the girl's identity the moment I saw her -- it was none other than Lele.

From thier looks alone I would say this happened around 4 to 6 years ago. The younger me looked at the shadow tiger-shapped monster with pure bloodlust.

Although Noy was in the monster's range, Lele ran towards Noy, that is until he stopped her.

"Stay behind me! Don't get any closer! This... This is MY fight!" He yelled, raising his left arm.

"B-but!"

"No buts! They didn't sacrifices themselves just to let us die! You need to survive! You have the potential to be a Core! I'm just nothing! A phantom in this unforgiving world! I-I won't let you die!"

Damn... my old self is one generic main character. Even so, this event is kinda killing my brain. It hurts as time moves on, its as if lightning struck me but at the moment, it's something I can handle.

He forced himself up using his 'good' arm aka the left arm. Stumbling, he tried to stood his ground, glaring at the monster. Collecting remains of his energy to his left arm, he lunged towards the monster.

But it was faster.

I tried to help but my body won't respond to me. Paralysed in this spot, forcing to oversee this event.

Looking back at myself, a froze in fear. A large hand pierced my chest.

Die

AHHHHH! IT HURTS!

My legs completely gave out, leaving me hanging in the air. Paralyzed and lifeless. The pained surged throughout my body, screaming in pain. I grabbed its hand, screaming as I tried to pull it out. But it was useless.

"NOYYY!!!" she screamed.

Even if she tried to do anything, she'll just die. The monster looked at me as if it was mocking me. It threw me to the sidelines, moving towards its next prey.

What can I do?!

DEVOUR AND KILL

Devour?

Kill?

Eat?

Kill kill kill kill kill kill

Yes. Ahahahaha! Kill! Devour!
Let me eat everything!

"Ahaha... Ahaaahahahahaaa!"

Darkness crept slowly on my skin. Ah~ the coldness creeping is just bliss. I can see it. Death.

My enemy! Monsters... damn monsters! I'll take back everything! Everything I lost! Everything I loved! I'll take back everything!

EVERYTHING! I'LL DEVOUR EVERYTHING!

"Noy!"

Ahaha! My darkness expanded, covering its body. As a reaction it tried to escape but it can't. Gripping my hand, the darkness collapse onto the monster.

It can't do anything. It tried to struggle but it's no use. I'll kill every single one of you~

"Agajahahhaja" it screamed.

"Die" It deserve to die. It needs to die. Its just a blight in this world.

The darkness engulfed it and contracts, crushing it to nothing and soon I will join it. My death was inevitable for her to live. I reached my hands up to the sky, wanting to touch the clouds, free of this reality.

"NOYYY!" She's running towards me, isn't she. Heh. What would the future hold? Before collapsing once more, the last image I saw was a type of Sigil. But who's sigil is it?