Chapter 5 : Forgotten

"Shit!" The man screamed. He knew that he made a terrible mistake and yet he wouldn't know what to do.

The man paced across the room, wishing the outcome was not as he predicted.

"Calm down Tuah, he's fine. We successfully retrieved him from the labyrinth. So it should be fine!" The owner of the voice was a young woman, silver hair with a petite build. She was sitting on a container of some sort, swinging her legs.

"Yeah, come on~ Its fine." Another voice said to Tuah. It would seem that he was the girl's twin as he too has silver hair and was just a bit taller than the female counterpart.

"Really? Then what if he still remembers the events from years ago? We would be killed on the spot!"

"Like I said, he lost everything. That includes his memories. Just don't show any sign of hostility then all is fine."

"Yup yup!"

"Honestly you guy.... you two are too carefree..."

"Shhhh, he's waking up!"

The twins quickly ran next to the unconscious body in the room. Tuah leaned his back on a wall, looking towards the body.

Not soon after, the person starts to show signs of waking up.

"Hey hey! He's waking up!"

"Morning Darky~"

"Who.... What...?" The person blinked his eyes, still trying to recollect his thoughts. Thus place was not where he was.

Memories of his past flooded his memories once more, bringing forth his fears to light.

"Where is it! Where's the monster?! Where's Lele?!"

Yes, the unconscious person was indeed Noy Katamari.

"Woah, calm down there Darky! What you saw was your past, nothing more than that."

"Yeah! It's like a bad dream!"

"... Who are you guys?" Even if what he saw was a dream, the current scene brought even more questions to Noy.

Who are these people? Where am I? And questions of such...

"Ahaha... Well my name is Mizuki Evergarden and this is my twin sis, Kumiko Evergarden."

"Good to see you again Darky!" Kumiko suddenly hugged Noy.

"H-have we met?!"

"Yeah, but thats another story.  The names Tuah. Or as you would remember, I'm the 'old man' in the labrinith."

"Hang Tuah? You're... more young and muscular..."

"Darky~"

"K-kumiko was it? Can you please let go of me?"

"Awww... but sure." Kumiko let go of Noy and went back sitting on the container in the room.

Noy stood up and looked around the place. Its a blank small room with only the container as the only object in the place. For him this was more to a confinement chamber than a room. Even so there was something that caught Noy's attention.

The room has no door. Or rather an entrance to the place.

How the hell did they get here?!

"Oh, you must be wandering how we got here, right?"

"H-how did you know?"

"It was clearly imprinted on your face."

"Really?"

"Yup~ Darky looks like he saw a ghost! On how we got here... hmmm... we teleported here!"

"How?!"

"Oh, Kumiko is the Core of Spatial Magic. So things like this isn't something hard for her."

"Hey hey, Darky aren't you cold? Here have this."

Kumiko took an oversized black cloak from what she called as her 'storage box' aka a dimensional space and threw it to Noy.

Noy didn't realised it at first but he was shirtless from the moment he woke up.

"T-thanks... Anyways... why do you guys call me 'Darky'? My name is Noy Katamari..."

"Yeah... you lost your memories."

"Huh? I didn't lose my..... What? Why can't I remember anything?!" Noy clutched his head, trying to remember anything.

"Like I said. You lost your memory. Since you don't remember anything, let me just say this." All three of them walked as if on cue and kneeled in front of Noy, showing their utmost respect.

"Once again, let us serve you Pure Core of Darkness, Noy Katamari!"

"W-what?" Obviously confused and overwhelmed with the information, he stood there dumbfounded.

This was the forgotten story of The Core of Darkness.