Chapter 4. Carnival

"Oh please." I said rolling my eyes, "I'm not scared of roller coasters."Jeff nudged me as we walked with everyone else. "Okay, Okay, Maybe just a little," Jeff cackled. "You've never been on a roller coaster before, have you?" I stared down, walking a little faster. "Okay you caught me," I laughed.

Masky yawned. "How far away is this place? We've been walking for like an hour."

"Quit your whining, we've been walking for almost ten minutes." Jack said roughly.

"Well sorry!" Masky whimpered.

"Actually we're about there," Hoodie pointed over a hill. "It's about maybe...I dunno...Five minutes?"

"Five minutes?" Masky asked.

"Five minutes." Hoodie said flatly.

"Are you sure your even gonna make it that long?" I laughed.

Masky groaned, "Maybe."

The group laughed. It was pretty dark out. I didn't know what time it was now. ( Jack insisted I didn't bring my phone, he thought I'd be on it the whole time)

"Oh-why didn't LJ come with us?" I asked looking back at Masky. "I mean he Is a clown. Doesn't he love carnivals?"

"He's probably busy too busy raping little girls like you." Masky snickered and fist bumped Hoodie.

I stuck my tongue out. "That's gross! And I'm not a little girl- I'm 17 geez.."

Sometimes Masky could be really annoying. I kind of almost wanted to go back home and read.

We soon reached the carnival. I looked around...Something didn't seem right. Then I realized it. "W-Where's all the people?"

"You didn't tell her Jeff?" Jack asked.

"Oh-Oops..." Jeff trailed off.

"Well- I'll sum it up," Masky said. "We came here at this time when it closes- so we have the carnival to ourselves."

I eyed Jeff. "Won't we get caught?"

"Nope." He said flatly, "I'll make sure we don't. Trust me."

I sighed and nodded, "okay okay. I trust you."

He smiled, "good, then lets go." With that we all nodded and went inside the entrance.

It was a standard carnival- except no lights, Of course.

"Say, Hazel I forgot to ask..." Jack continued, "Why are you dressed as a girl version of Jeff?" I blushed. Jeff chuckled, "Maybe because I have fans- unlike you Kidney boy."

"Oh you just crossed th-"

"Just shut the hell up you two, we're here to have fun." I grunted.

"Sass..." Hoodie laughed. I chuckled as Jeff and Jack huffed and scoffed at one another.

I approached a Farris wheel. "You know, Iv'e never rode any of these...Wonder what it's like." I said to Jeff, as he was behind me. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a silver key, "Would you like to?" I stared in amazement. "Jeff where-Where did you get that key?"

"Had to kill a few security men- But I got ahold of it. It works all the rides." He smirked. I groaned In disgust. "Jeff you did not...You did not kill the security guards..."

"I did." Jeff chuckled. It went silent. He put a hand on my shoulder, "Sorry, I can't help it..." I sighed, "It's fine."

"We're gonna go look around," I heard Hoodie say. "Masky, Jack and I."

"Yeah, Can we leave you kids alone?" Masky smirked and clicked his tongue, in a perverted way. I blushed again. "Ah fuck off Masky." Jeff grunted. They all laughed and walked away, leaving me and Jeff.

"So do you?"

"Do I what?"

"Wanna ride the Farris Wheel?" He smirked.

"Oh-Sure. I sware to Zalgo Jeff- If we get caught I'm gonna-"

"Gonna what?" He teased.

I crossed my arms and huffed. "I dunno..."

He chuckled and grabbed my hand lightly. "Good." He pulled me gently to the ride and jammed the key into the ride's main keypad.

"Pick a seat."

I smiled and ran to the first seat, A blue cart. He turned the machine on and I started to move. I panicked. Jeff quickly ran to the cart before it went further and sat next to me. "H-Hey- I don't like this..." I whimpered. "And aren't we suppose to strap ourselves in?!" I pointed to the pull down lever. He nodded. "Yeah- but don't worry...You'll be okay."

We went higher and higher. I squealed looking down, my feet dangling free. I hid my face in Jeff's shoulder. I thought I caught a glimpse of flashlights in the distance but I ignored it- it was late. "You okay?" He said looking down at me. I nodded and smiled, although I felt my stomach doing summersaults. He stared into my eyes. I smiled again nervously. "What?" He shrugged. "Your eyes- their really pretty..." I blushed and he moved in closer. I could feel his heat. We were close enough to be knocking foreheads, when there was a faint clicking noise and yelling.

"What are you kids doing up there?!" A voice yelled.

Jeff jumped and reeled back, looking down below he grunted, "Shit!" He grabbed my arm. "We need to go, now." My eyes widened, "w-what?! But we're stuck up here!"

"There's cops- we need to go. Now. He clutched my arms and he flung us into another cart, going down lower as the footsteps came closer, "hey stop right now!" The voice yelled.

We reached the bottom and the others were already down there, running. Jeff and I ran with them and we all book set down into the woods again.