They make their return

Mac’s POV

Kayden Michelson. Even the sound of his name I get angry.  No this can’t be happening and especially right now. I have to deal with him enough. He pisses me off so freaking bad. I want to kick him in his balls sometimes. He has big obsession with annoying people. I don’t know what it is with him. Ever since we were in the eighth grade he thinks that we are “cousins”. WE ARE NOT COUSINS. I have been telling him that ever since he started saying we were “cousins”.

I don’t want to deal with him right now. I can’t even stand to look at him right now. I push my way through them and run up stairs. I’m too tired to do this. I’m guess Luke was right behind me. He showed up at my door like instantly. I fall on my bed on my back looking up at the ceiling. Luke is now standing over me and looking me in the eyes. He knows how much I hate Kayden. I always vent to him.

“You know you should really go to sleep.” I say.

“Yeah I’ll be in the guest room if you need me.” He responded.

With that he left and I was all alone. I was thankful for the peace and quiet. I could finally sleep. I went into my closet and changed into a baggy t-shirt and Nike shorts. I was more comfortable now. I pulled my sheets back and sleep into bed. I fell fast asleep with not a worry in the world.

I was being violently shaken. Who the hell is waking me up? I was sleeping so well. “Who are you and what do you want?” I say harshly.

Luke’s voice fills my ears, “Um, you might want to come see this.” Oh great what could possibly be wrong now? I throw the covers off my body and jerk up. Still a little asleep Luke guides me outside. I see Max behind a bush. I’m too tired to question why.

“What time is it?” I say irritated. 

“Shhhh!” Max calls from the bush.

I can’t believe this I’m forced outside early in the morning without any clue on what going on. That’s when I hear them. A car is coming up the dirt road. I immediately recognize the sound of the car. It was my mom’s car. My parents were finally home. I was about to run down the road when Luke grabbed my arm.

OH MY GOSH I GET IT NOW! Max is going to surprise my parents. I can be such a blonde sometimes. I thought Max had told my parents that he was coming home. Well I guess he didn’t. The car pulls up in the circular drive in front of the water fountain. My father steps out.

Let me tell you a little bit about my father. His name is Glenn McDonald. He was born and raised in Uvalde. He’s a big time lawyer. His biggest case was when he was suing the tobacco companies. It’s the reason we have the ranch. He always says “Mac don’t even let the fact that we are doing well effect the way you treat people.” He is a wise and very professional man. Well back to it. My dad is standing outside of the driver door. As he walks around to be a gentleman and open my mom’s door Max jumps out of the bushes. He screams surprise and scares my dad half to death. After he realizes who it is he engulfs Max into a big hug. I swear they have the biggest bromance ever. My mom has now gotten out of the car by herself with tears streaming down her face. Max lets go of my dad and walks over to her. “I told you I would make it home.” He says before hugging not as hard as Dad.

I walk over to my dad and mom to catch up. They have been gone a long time. I don’t even remember when they left. Luke is now standing behind me.

My dad looks to him and says “Luke your parents should be home now.” He nods and says bye. He gets in his truck to go home. I’m kind of sad that he left. I just realized that Luke has stayed the night at my house the last three nights.