jack

Friday, 7:34

I pace the hallway outside of Tessa's apartment, knowing that on the other side of that door is the girl I would do anything for, the girl I would take a bullet for 800 times over, the girl I think I love. I hear her inside, she's signing perfect by ed sheeran, and I can't help but feel my heart flutter, that's our song. I know she's probably dancing to it as well, and even though I'm not in there it's like a can almost picture her. I check the time, 7:37, fuck.

I knock anyway, even if I'm super early and I know she's not ready, I still knock, because I'm so anxious to see her, hug her. she opens the door, her hair flowing perfectly as she spins around her living room, dancing to the beat of the song.

"cmon jack. dance with me." she says, taking my hand. I chuckle underneath my breath as she spins in front of me, she looks perfect, standing in front of me, a robe around her, bake on her face, yet she still looks like one of the most perfect girls I have ever seen. I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight.

perfect,

perfect

perfect

"you weren't supposed to see me like this, ya know? I don't look good yet." she says, resting the side of her head on my chest as we slow dance to the music.

"you're right, you don't look good. you look perfect, and you always do." I say, kissing her head as I finish my statement.

"aw, jack." she says, as she wraps her arms around me a little tighter. "I'm gonna go finish getting ready." she says, kissing the side of my mouth as she walks away.

I sit on her couch, thinking about how tonight is supposed to go. Thinking about the dinner, the after dinner park trip, the ocean, everything about tonight has been planned out in every scenario. I smile to myself as I think about the smile that will be on Tessa's face, how she looks when she laughs, how she walks, everything about her. She walks out of her room,

"cmon lover boy, it's time to go." she says, walking over to me, extending her hand.

"let's go bub." I say, grabbing her hand.

----

when we get to the restaurant Tessa is already the happiest girl here,

"you're not allowed to pay for me." Tessa says, looking up at me.

"you're crazy if you think you're paying. I'm paying" I say, making eye contact with her.

she just smiles at me, her phone starts to ring.

she pulls it out, I glance down at her screen as I see it says "Anthony T." across the top of the screen. her thumb hovers over the answer button, then she hits decline and shuts her phone off.

"why didn't you answer?" I ask.

"because it was Anthony and I know he knows we are out, he's calling to be an inconvenience, and I don't need that right now." she says, placing her hand on the table. I gently place my hand on top of hers.

"promise me you'll call him later, I don't want you to loose friends because of this date. I know how touchy he is with stuff like that." I say, moving my thumb in circular motions on her hand.

"I promise I'll call him later." she says.

--

dinner went absolutely amazingly, but I didn't expect anything less from being with her. I look at her as she sits beside me, taking a video of herself for her story. I place my hand on her leg, and she flips the camera at the last second of the video showing my hand.

"your fans are going to go crazy." I say, laughing a little

"I like to keep them in the loop, let em know what's going on." she says smirking.

we get to the park that is right to this beach that is hidden, I grab the basket from the trunk of my car,

"what's this?" she asks, pointing to the basket.

"well, I decided we could go on an after dinner picnic, I packed chocolate covered strawberries and your bathing suit, and mine." I say, looking at her, she has a big smile on her face,

"why bathing suits?" she asks.

"because just around the corner and a little bit over there is a hidden beach." I say, she starts smiling again. "call Anthony, baby." I say, she turns her phone on and there is notification after notification coming through.

she reads one of the texts out loud "tess, chance has been missing for like 3 days now, I need you."

--

don't hate me, i know its been wayyy too long since i've updated, i'm sorry.

i love you all.

thank you so much for 1.7k

i hope you're happy, i hope you're living your best life right now.

-//m x