8

Scenario: Kenzie is outside, drawing the scenery, while the pool company works on the upcoming pool. The pool boy, Ashton, is casually working and talking Kenzie's brother, Brad, while she is constantly making sure the twins are ok. Their parents are out for the weekend and Brad is in charge. Kenzie texts her friends and asks them to come over and help her keep the twins in check until Brad tells her she's in charge and goes out to get something for dinner.

"So Ashton, how long have you been working with this company?" Brad asked the pool boy. Our parents had paid to get a pool built in our backyard and they're not even here to commune with the pool company.

I guess that's why they left Brad in charge while they were away. "Not very long, I've only been working for them for about two years." The boy said and I glanced up from my sketchbook, looking back down to shade the inside of the pool.

I had gotten bored and decided to draw the pool, with Ashton working inside of it. I don't think he cares, if he even knows what I'm doing. "Oh, how old are you again?" Brad asked and sat on the edge of the pool.

Ashton smiled at him, glancing over at me. "Nineteen." Ashton said and Brad looked over at me.

"Kenzie what are you doing?" Brad asked and I looked up, pushing my glasses up on my nose.

"Drawing, can I not do that now?" I asked my older brother and he shook his head.

"No, just keep an eye on the twins too." Brad told me and I nodded.

"Got it." I looked back down at my sketchbook, quickly adding some more detail to the drawing.

"How old is she?" I glanced up. "If you don't mind me asking you." Ashton told Brad.

"My sister?" He asked and Ashton nodded. "She's eighteen. Our younger siblings are fifteen." Brad said and Ashton nodded. I rolled my eyes and looked over at my phone, seeing a text from Liza.

Lizzy: Hey Sterling!! We're bored, can we come over?

Kenzie: Depends on we?

Lizzy: Luke, Sloan, Kara, Michael, Calum. You know, our usual friends.

Kenzie: Let me ask Brad. Where's Fern and Rodney?

Lizzy: Right, you're parents aren't home for the weekend. They're on holiday too.

Kenzie: Ok, lemme ask Brad.

I looked up and smiled at Brad. "Brad, can my friends come over?" I asked him.

He looked over at me. "Define friends." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "You know who." I said and he nodded.

"Sure, but I don't want Liza to break the stove again." Ashton looked up and I smiled.

"Trust me, she's banned from the kitchen anyway." I said and looked at the phone.

Kenzie: Don't break the stove and we're good.

Lizzy: Ok!! And that was one time!!

Kenzie: You almost set the house on fire!!!

Lizzy: Humph....fine we'll be over in a few!!

I put my phone back and looked at Brad. "They'll be here soon." I said and he nodded, walking over to me.

"I'll be back, gonna go get a few pizzas for us all." He kissed my cheek and I giggled.

"Bye Brad." I smiled and he glanced at the sketchbook in my lap.