The Bedroom

As David's parents drove up to their home in their 1983 Chevrolet G20 Van, they saw parked in the driveway Uncle Clifford's cherry red mint condition 1965 Corvair Corsa Turbo. David was so excited that Uncle Clifford was not going to miss his Birthday, that he ran out of the van and dashed through the front door of his house, where Napoleon was joyfully wagging his tail to greet David in the entry way.

There in the living room sat Uncle Clifford in a La-Z-Boy Recliner playing with a box of plastic toy soldiers, Airfix French Grenadiers of The Imperial Guard-1815, which he was in the process of detaching from the plastic frame with his pocket knife. Uncle Clifford had rather dark tanned skin and a long brown ponytail with tribal tattoos on both his arms. He was dressed in black Dickies work boots, Wrangler bluejeans, a thick black belt with a brown leather pocket knife holder attached, a round silver metal retractable key holder hooked on to the belt, and finally fastened to the belt was a chrome chain connecting a black leather trucker's wallet slipped into a rear pocket of his jeans. He wore a black colored heavy metal T-shirt with a decal of the band KISS: Creatures of The Night, and a Harley Davidson black leather jacket. On his left arm, Uncle clifford wore the new Casio G-Shock DW 5000C Watch and as usual, he wore black sunglasses, he always wore sun glasses, especially at night.

With Napoleon running dutifully behind his master, David sped into the living room, where Uncle Clifford was patiently waiting and when he saw David rushing in, he greeted his nephew with "Happy Birthday, Kiddo!"

David responded with a very cheerful, "Thank you Clifford." Now in the Morrison family, they never refer to a title in addressing each other, so David would never use say Uncle Clifford, he would just say Clifford and if Clifford was married, which he wasn't, he would never use the title Aunt or Auntie for Clifford's wife, he would just address her on a first name basis. Clifford was a bachelor for life and he seemed happy with that, but in many ways you could say, he used his brothers family to make up for the void in his life of not having his own family.

"Did you have a good time at your birthday party?" Clifford asked knowing the answer.

"I had a great time. I love pepperoni pizza and I couldn't get enough root beer. You should have seen the new James Bond movie, it was great and it had Sean Connery in it. Oh my god, I received so gifts this year. Thanks for all the gifts you gave me. I love them all," David said with hyper over enthusiasm.

"Wasn't there already another James Bond movie released this year?" Clifford asked with a confused look on his face.

"Yeah, Octopussy with Roger Moore. I just saw it this summer. Great movie!" David said as if he had just eaten a thousand Skittles and was in the process of ODing on sugar.

"Calm down, Kiddo, I know you've had an exciting day, but I want to talk to you about another Birthday Gift I'm going to give you tonight." Clifford said with a sense of importance.

"Another Birthday Gift! You've given me so much already. Thanks for all the gifts, Clifford!" David said in a tone of preparing to be wowed by another cool gift.

David's parents walked into the house carrying pizza boxes and a Birthday Cake Box. They passed the living room and David's Mom Bonnie said, " Hey, Clifford, thanks for dropping by. We thought you might miss David's entire Birthday celebration."

"I would never miss David's Birthday!"Clifford responded in a loud affirmative manner.

"I see you're on time as ever, Clifford," David's father Clyde shot into the conversation knowing what an unpunctual person Clifford had always been.

"I just did not want to be around all those kids at the Pizza Hut and the movie theater." Clifford said in a cringing manner. Clifford never liked crowded and noisy environments. He liked small gatherings with the noise volume low. He could never attend sports events with lots of screaming kids.