Chapter 6

Last night was so crazy. My thoughts were filled with only one person: Liam. Right now it was 7 AM and Katie was looking through my makeup kit. I was still in my pyjamas still sleepy. "Go have a shower. And don't take too long. I'll prepare everything." She ordered as I took a towel and walked into my bathroom.

About 10 minutes later I was out of the bathroom, my hair wrapped up in a towel. "Sit behind the mirror." I did as she did an she unwrapped my hair. Katie plugged in the hairdryer and cold wind blew through the roots in my hair. The feeling was sensational, like wind on your face when you visited the beach on a cold day. After about 5 minutes my hair was dry. Katie brushed it hard until it was silky smooth and hung down my back. "I'm gonna curl your hair and add a pink bow clip. Then you'll get dressed and I'll do your makeup." That was the plan. She grabbed a bunch of my hair and clipped it together, out of the way. Then Katie started with a few strands from the bottom of my head and began twirling it round tightly through the bottom part of a hairbrush. "Aren't you getting ready?" I asked. Katie had her hair straight and she was wearing black leggings and a black shoulderless shirt. "Nah. Prom isn't really my thing." I almost fell over my chair. "What?! You could come with me. O-or—"
"I said it before. No!" Katie roared. I didn't speak to her again. She had finished curling my hair at 7:35. Katie added a pink bow clip and slid it in my hair. Then I carefully slipped on my tights and dress. "Okay, when you do my makeup, please, please, PLEASE don't make it goth-ish." I pleaded. Katie just rolled her eyes and signalled me to sit back down again. This time she was up close to my face. I could feel her breath on my face, which wasn't a good experience. She squirted a blob of foundation and rubbed it all over my face. Then she applied concealer under my eyes and some on my cheeks to hide the freckles. "You look good already. Should I send you like this?" Katie wondered out loud. "Hahahah, no." I replied. Soon after, Katie brushed lots of gold and black eyeshadow to create this smoky effect. Then she stuck on false lashes and applied mascara on it. I could flutter my lashes with no problem. Katie then stroked a deep pink lipstick on my lips, even some around, then adding on a matte lipgloss so it looked like I had plump luscious lips. "There, you're ready. Oh no, wait. Take this purse. Put in your phone, money and some makeup just in case," Katie told me. "Can I take a look in the mirror?" I asked. Katie nodded. I stepped forward and looked in the mirror, gasping as I saw a flawless me. I looked perfect, how I'd wished I'd always looked. I stuffed money, my phone, foundation and lipstick inside my purse and tottered downstairs and out the door in my heels. I hugged Katie. She squirmed and went stiff. "I don't really like hugs," she said. I apologized, said goodbye and walked confidently to school, turning heads, some taking photos. I felt like a celebrity...