piano tiles

"Look at the pattern on the floor" Jane reminded herself dutifully before taking a step on to the next tile in the maze. You could say Jane is a troubled child. She cant stop exploring, or adventuring, or stealing treasure, or helping out people, even if there not so nice people. Right now the adventuring trip Jane was on, included stealing the mysterious glass python, from the not-so-lost temple of Gottinga. Its said to have mystical powers to fulfill the biggest dream or wish in your heart if you touch it. Jane didn't believe any of that stuff about magical powers, but she knew she could get some money off of it and maybe stay in the same hotel room for a while longer and maybe even be able to go to school for a bit. Oh, how Jane dreamed of going to normal public school instead of having to move from place to place to avoid being arrested or killed. She might even be able to make some friends there, that she could talk to instead of always having to talk to herself all the time. The tiles on the floor worked as a simple system, some tiles had bottoms supporting them some didn't. The pattern you had to follow to get to the other side of the tiles was to follow the notes from Ode to Joy in chronological order. 

        Jane skillfully sang the notes in her head as she went along the path. E-G-G-F. When Jane reached the F key she knew she had done something wrong, "F sharp!" she cried out in anguish right before the floor fell out from underneath her. Jane barley held on but she was confident and strong. After a just a few seconds she got her bearings back and tried to pull herself back on to the adjacent tile marked F sharp. Instead she found the rock that the Gottina's used to make the floors was covered in a thick sealant of wax and was too slippery for her to pull herself up on to, she was lucky to be holding on to the edge of the stone where the dangerous slippery sealant had eroded off the edges. This is normally the part where things go wrong. 

        As predicted, Jane started to freak out, just like any normal person. Her breathing got faster and her heart started beating through the head and pounding out her ears, and of course she started sweating like crazy. She could feel her palm sweating and she started to slip off the edge of the key. Suddenly she came up with an idea that just might work. Jane one handily took her shoelace out of her shoe, and watched her shoe fall to the bottom of the bottomless abyss. "Awww, I loved these shoes" she moaned as she watched the shoe fall. Next Jane took off her sock. She punctured a hole in the sock she was wearing with her shoelace using her mouth as her extra hand, after that she knotted the lace through the hole. Now here comes the hard part, as Jane is about to fall she lifts up the edge of the tile that was a false one just like hers and placed the edge sock and egde of the shoelace in underneath the edge of the tile then carefully lowered the tile back on top of it. "I hope this works" Jane mumbled right before she let go of the edge of the tile.