chapter 7: Problem&Party

Skye's POV
The morning was so boring and long day of cleaning, serving, and well working. I was at the hideout with Josh working on some things for the Christmas party we were having for the gang.

"Where do you think we should place the tree?" I asked. "Maybe we should have two. Like one in the main office for visitors to see as they come in. And the other in the somewhat living room" Josh said. "Ok" I replied

"Sorry to interrupt, but lunch break time for you two" dad came and told us. "Yess finally!" Josh said getting up. We walked to the break room to find Kaylee and Danielle gossiping about something. "Hey girls what's up" Josh asks them while opening his lunch bag. "Nothing much just the fact that the computer keeps freezing on us when we're trying to book in new guests" Kaylee says.

"We're trying to fix that" I reply. "Did any of you guys meet our newest addition to the Lodge crew" Josh questioned them. "Oh Alex, yeah we did, she's alright" Danielle says while picking with her salad a bit. "Also we needed to ask you guys something important, do you know any store that still has a lot of Christmas decorations, cause we need some more" I asked them.

"I honestly don't know my family and I bought our Christmas stuff the moment it came out" Kaylee says. "My mum usually gets them at Target" Danielle replies. "Then again it is a bit pricey and sometimes sold out, you should ask Sean his family barely went shopping for theirs too, and their house looks really nice" Danielle continues. "She's right" Kaylee tells me. 

"Do you guys not understand that I'm still trying to avoid him" I tell them. "Just avoid eye contact then, you make it seem like you'll die if you look at him" Danielle states. "She's right Skye " Josh tells me. "Fine" I say.

After I finished eating I went to find Sean. Then I finally did he was running the juice bar. "Sean hey I need to talk to you about something important" I say. "Really?" Sean asks me. "Yep, where does your family find Christmas decorations, Danielle said your house was filled with nice ones, so I was meaning to ask" I tell him. "Oh well, my dad and I found the Santa and reindeers inflatables at Lowe's, then my sister and mum found lights and little mistletoes at Target, then my mum found some of our old stuff the years previously, but if you want really nice ones I say you go down to the town there's some stores with nice things there" he says.

"Oh nice, well thanks, sorry for bothering you" I thanked him. "Yeah no problem" Sean replied. That was actually easy. We didn't make eye contact which is good. As I started walking out  I saw Noah and Ben talking to Alex. Well today was sure something. First I had to clean really dirty rooms, then plan our party, last but certainly not least talk to Sean my ex. Who is probably back on with his ex.

----------------------time skip----------------------

Noah's POV     

So today is December 23, the day right before Christmas Eve, and Skye and Josh decided to throw a Christmas party at the Lodge. My car wasn't working so I told Sean if he could pick me up. He said yes but he had to make a stop at the gas station also Ben's house. So I was currently waiting in my room for their text.  I was just sitting when I saw I had left my journal open. Inside was a song, that I myself specifically wrote for Kaylee. But I'm not sure if it's good though I was gonna sing it for her on Valentine's day, but I guess I'm not anymore. 

After a while I ended up missing it around and completed it. And I actually really liked it. It's still sad that I wrote it for nothing. It would be a Christmas miracle if Kaylee would even speak a word to me. I soon realized Sean could be close so I grabbed all their presents and put it in a big bag. Right I after I finished I heard Sean honking his horn and I headed downstairs to leave. "Mum I'm leaving, Sean's here see you later, love ya" I said as I put on my beanie. "Okay bye sweetie don't be late" my mum replied. "Yes ma'am" I saluted her and left.