Chapter 3

Mckenzie walks inside our house and smiles. "I feel at home already."

"Good. I guess we need to get you some stuff for your bedroom. You can have the guest room as your own room. We can go get stuff for it tomorrow." Cameron says.

"Go check it out!", I exclaim and she runs in to go look.

When she does, I steal a quick kiss from Cameron and he hugs me.

"I really think this is gonna be fun. I mean, we've known Mckenzie for a few years now, so..." I nod.

McKenzie runs back in and gives us a hug. "It needs some work, but im glad to be here. Its a little wird though...not being with...mommy and daddy." She looks down.

I kneel down and look her in the eyes. Cameron puts his hand on my shoulder.

"I know you miss them, and it's ok. You know that we love and care about you too, right?"

She sniffles and nods. I feel like this would be a sore subject for her for a while and that we should put it off. Cameron looks at his watch.

"It's around 9. Maybe we should go to bed."

"But its not the school year, its summer!" McKenzie protests.

I laugh. "Bed time." She rolls her eyees and runs into her bedroom. I watch until the lights turn out.

"C'mon Nashy." Cameron says, and I follow them to the bedroom. As I go to sleep, I think about how our life is going to change having a new member of our small, not so perfect, beutiful family.

/This is bad I know. Well, its 11, and I just wanted to update, because I forgot to. Sorry!!!!!