Chapter 5

We left Waffle House and all McKenzie could talk about was how cool it was that she just saw Shawn and Taylor. Cam and I chuckled, we would have felt the same way most likely.I remember when McKenzie was 5 and she didn't know who we were, and she didn't care.

Now she was 9, and we never expected we'd be raising her as if we had our own child.

We drove to the store, to pick out a few things for her room, and what should have took an hour, doubled to take 2 hours. She was a handful when it came to the store. Also the girls at the store freaking out and asking to take pictures with us.

Not only did we go home that day with new bedsheets, posters, and a furry pink rug, but we also had gotten her a bag of candy, a movie, and a teddy bear, which she somehow got us to buy.It was probably Cameron that was the reason we bought them. Of course, he was the one right beside me saying:

"Aww Nashy let's get it for her! She really wants it!" and i'm not one to say no.

So as we drove home, I thought about how this cost us around the 100 dollar zone, and that we'd have to get more for her later. She was a handful.

I parked and looked back at her.

"Get everything you wanted? Cuz we're not going back to the store." I say

"Yep!" She replied, while chewing a piece of candy.

I chuckled and we all got out and unloaded the car. Time to make the used to be guest room into McKenzie's own room.Cameron took care of the posters, and I got the rest. It only took about 10 minutes, and the room changed from dull, to displays of pink furriness, purple sheets, and posters with boy bands and favorite movies galore.

"We should get purple curtains and pink wall paint too." She said. "But I love it!" She jumped on
the bed.

I sighed because I just made that and it was already ruined. "Okay, Later."

As she hung out in her new room, Cam and I went into the livingroom and sat on the couch. He kissed my cheek and smiled.

"You look tired."

"It's because I am." I say, pulling him into my embrace. We stay like that for a minute, then I pull away, and we watch a movie together until it was time for the rest of the day.

//Sorry if this is short, I'm writing on my crappy laptop this time. I added some Cameron/Nash love at the end, because I feel this story is lacking it. <3