Codex by Jodhiça Lamedhel

1:1  Satellite imagers use the refulgence and colours of sunlight reflecting off our planet to track weather, crop health, algal blooms and much more.

1:2  Each imager gets calibrated against a common source, our Moon.

1:3  Our Moon has no atmosphere and its surface changes very little, thus making it a convenient target to calibrate with.

1:4  However, the refulgence of the Moon, the amount of sunlight reflecting off the surface of the Moon, changes based on its angle to our Sun and our planet.

1:5  Our philosophers have calculated the Moon's refulgence with uncertainties of a few percent.

1:6  Uncertainties of a few percent is not good enough for the most sensitive measurement needs.

1:7  I measure the refulgence of our inconstant Moon, with uncertainties of much less than one percent.

1:8  At the subaerial Gora Dolga Observatory, I use a small telescopes with a lens made of a compound of calcium fluoride.

1:9  The lens of calcium fluouride compound, focuses the wide range of moonlight wavelengths, from ultraviolet radiation through the visible spectrum into short-wave infrared, into a detector.

1:10  I calibrate my telescope nightly with a broadband light source and a tunable narrow band light source at the Observatory campus.

1:11  Dozens of satellite operators use my data set of measurements.