10. Run

*Chapter 10*

My head throbes as much as I don't want. I try to open my eyes. And I'm glad I still can see. I open my eyes, just a little because the light was too bright. White. Where am I? Just then I remembered what happened.

It was when I walk home. I remember I stop by the candy shop. Kids are holding their lollipop and smiling happily as I enter the shop. Seeing them remind me of my classmate. I smiled again. I look around for my favourite candy and there is it. Rainbow lollipop! It is on the shelf, placed pretty high on the shelf. I don't know why they placed it there. I mean, how can a small kid get them? And there is a small and short kid try to reach and get it. Pity him. Wait. There is only one lollipop left.

I look at the kid and move toward him. I get the lollipop which is easy for me to get because I'm taller and the kid is shorter. The kid was sure shocked with my sudden action and there is tears forming up in his eyes. He thought he will not get the lollipop. But I look at him and smiled as I bent forward and handed him the lollipop.

"Not too much candy. You'll not get taller and also you'll have a bad teeth." I touch his nose with my index finger and he smile. He tiptoed and give a kiss on my left cheek before he run pass me.

I doubt he go get his parents and tell them what I've done. I turn my back and saw the kid pulling a man shirt which I can tell his father who was backing me and somehow seems busy with the phone. Parents nowaday. The kid point his finger to me and I know he's telling me to his father.

I was about to smile and raise my hand to his father telling that it's ok when his father turn his back to look at me but I stop.

I'm not moving. I'm not moving any inch. I stop breathing. My shoulder is not going up and down anymore. I can hear my heartbeat really clear. I stand still to where I am. I look at that face. I wish I'm a girl wearing spectacles and I just don't wear it now so I'm not seeing clearly for now. I wish I don't get here at first. I wish I just walk straight to my house. I wish and wish and wish but the thing is I'm here. And he's not the kid's father. He is...Bryan.

Bryan Maxwell. Bryan Maxwell my crush. I don't know why. I think I still like him.

I haven't seen him for a very long time. I look at him. He's not the kid's father of course. He's backing me just now so I just thought that he's the father and I'm completely wrong when he is Bryan. I guess he's the kid's big bro or what. Bryan has a little brother? My crush Bryan. My cheeks feels hot right now. I can't stand this anymore. Without anything, I turn my heels on and exit the shop. Running.

I don't know why am I running like a dog chasing me. I just feel like someone is following me and I am pretty sure who is it. Bryan? No!

I snapped my memory and change to a sit position. I was on a bed, not my bed and it is hard. The wall is white and not green. The room is bigger and not my room. I know I'm in the hospital. I pass out just now because of me running like hell and forget that I have breathing problem. I don't know why I run from Bryan. I lift my right hand to rub my eyes but something heavy was on top of it and I can't lift it with my condition now that I have only a small amount of energy. I look at my hand and that is when I feel like to pass out again.

Matthew?

Matthew Ben?

He is sleeping. His head was on my hand and it is hurting my hand. How heavy is his head? How long had his head on my hand because it is very hurt. I try to pull my hand again and this time I manage to save my hand from that heavy head of Matt. I bring my hand to my chest and slowly rub it with my other hand. I climb down the bed slowly and carefully. Not wanting to make any sound. My whole body hurt so much but I insist to stand. Why? When?