[chapter seven - prints]

-DEMI'S POV:-

I groaned and pulled up the covers towards my chin as I could feel the sunlight peak onto my face, which only meant one thing - it was morning now. My eyes slowly opened to focus on the unfamiliar ceiling that was over me, the room Zlo gave me was insanely huge and luxurious, practically better than any five star hotel suite that I've ever stayed in. I had two walk in closets, my own bathroom with a shower and bathtub, gigantic flat screen TV, gorgeous white fur carpet, and a large California king sized bed.

My hand rubbed down onto the empty sheets that laid next to me untouched, every morning I would usually wake up and reach over for Nick. If he was here he would already be sitting up, admiring me as I slept then once my hand reaches over to meet him he would say, "Good morning my beautiful girl, you overslept again of course."

I miss Nick so much, I need to keep myself busy so my thoughts won't swallow me alive, the moment I begin to think about him my chest just aches like a bitch.

A faint knock started to come from the other side of my room door, I sat up slowly as I tried my best to move my hair out of my face, "Come in!"
Franko made his way into my room with a faint smile on his face, "How did you sleep?"

"Like a rock." I gripped onto the soft red comforter that laid over my thighs, "This bed is so comfy, felt like I was sleeping on a cloud."
"It's good to hear that the Boginya was able to get her rest."

I glanced over at Franko who was enjoying the confusion spread across my face, "Bo- what now?"
"Boginya..." He repeated, "It means 'Goddess' in Russian. Zlo has already been able to spread your name around the Underworld as fast as he could, half of Russia should be afraid of you at this point."
"It sounds beautiful with your accent, but with my American one... I'm not sure how to feel." I admitted, "I'll be announcing myself as Boginya?"

Franko laughed as he walked closer to the edge of my bed, "I know it sounds weird with your accent but hopefully you can fake a Russian one with that word, but yes, that's how the Underworld will know you."
"Boginya." I said once again but with the best Russian accent I could pull out, "How come you don't have a cool and edgy name?"

"We'll work on it." He smiled, "I'm not that important, do you think I should have one?"
"Yeah,maybe we can cut off the 'Frank' and just call you 'O'"

"I'll think about that, are you ready to head down for breakfast to start your day? You have a big job to carry out for Zlo so soon." Franko picked up the white silk robe which was hanging off the knob of my bed, "He wants you to handle and check up on one of his cartel's Solntsevskaya Bratva, a city here in Russia."

I pushed the comfortor off of me which exposed the lace blush pink panties and bra that I was wearing, Franko couldn't help but stare as he placed the robe into my hands, "I wish I could pronounce the name of that city but this sounds like it'll be a fun filled day." I stuck my arms into the sleeves of the silk then tied the string around my waist to keep the robe closed.

"The men outside of your room will be following you through out the day, they will lead you down to the dining room for breakfast. Once you finish, you'll be leaving right away." Franko explained, "Is there anything you need before I go?"
"I just have a question," I began, "Does Coke know I'm here? On Zlo's side now?"

"No he does not, but he will soon... and once he does, the war within the Underworld will officially begin and there will be no turning back."

---
-NICK'S POV:-

The entire drive to Leeds was painful, Bear wouldn't stop trying to convince Ace and I to not follow through with our plan and to leave Demi alone because Zlo wouldn't give her back to me. At one point the fucker tried to jump out of the car, Ace had to wrap Bear's legs and arms together with black rope that we had in the trunk. Thankfully, he gave up fighting with us and continued to lead us to the cash drop off location.

We parked in front of one of the entrances into the forest on a dirt road, I yanked the key from the ignition then opened the drivers door.

Ace was already removing the ropes from Bear's body as he pulled him out of the car, "There you're all free now. Where are we heading next?"
"We have to head into the forest, about a ten to fifteen minute walk."

I watched Ace's eyes focus on the dirt underneath his feet, "What is it? What do you see?" I began to walk closer towards him but he waved his hands towards me to stop.
"Look down! Do you see that, man? There's heel prints in the mud." He exclaimed, "Wasn't Demi wearing thigh high boots or something like that? There aren't a lot of heel marks, just a few."

I kneeled down towards the mud to get a closer look, I could feel my eyes soften as they came across the deep heel marks that were sunken into the drying dirt, "She was here..."

As I began to stand up, the sound of a gun cocking hoovered over my ear as a Bear and Ace's eyes filled with fear.

"These two men kidnapped me and forced me to direct them here!" Bear began to ramble as he put his hands up, "They killed a few of Zlo's men then threatened to kill me!"

"What are their names?" The voice replied roughly as the barrel of the gun pressed onto my temples, I tried my best to remain calm but Bear warned us that if we came here it wouldn't end well.
"I.. I don't even know! They kid-" Before Bear had a chance to explain himself, the gun quickly moved away from my head and was pointed towards Bear before a bullet collided with his skull. He was shot right in the eye.

The man walked from behind me and towards Ace, "Killed Zlo's men, eh? Give me a reason to why I shouldn't kill you both right here."
"I didn't mean to kill them," I spoke, "I was trying to be civil but they decided to pull their guns out onto me. I want to make a deal with Zlo, that's all."

The man turned on his heel to face me, "A deal with Zlo?" He laughed, "Who even are you?"

"My friend and I here work for Coke, but we want to switch sides and work for Zlo. We can already tell that once this war starts in the Underworld that he's going to win and Coke will end up dead. We want to be on the winning side."

"Zlo is busy with bigger things..."

I watched the man step closer towards me once again, "But he now has someone that handles the rest of his business when he can't. I'll take you to speak with them, they'll decide if you should live or not in the end."

Before I had the chance to even react to that statement, something heavy hit me upside my head and caused my vision to go completely black.

---

Hi! Sorry that this chapter is mostly a filler.

Do you think Nick and Demi will reunite this way? And how will it go?

Thanks for reading!

xo