Chapter 6

"Singing" "Both singing"

Quick info to understand, Dagur's deranged episodes in his earlier life in this story, his eye sight is no longer that great, so he wears spectacles time to time to look at people and read better. Other than that let the story continue!

*****************************

"Everything we need is in this book of etiquette," Fishlegs said putting a big book on the stand with Astrid a few feet from him holding a paper and charcoal.

"Let's begin. No nagging, bragging, sweating, fretting, slipping, tripping, slurping, burping, twittering, or frittering allowed," he started off as Astrid took notes while thinking all these rules were ridicules, "Stay present, stay pleasant, stay proud," he commented as he move to a table of utensils.

"To be a princess is to know which spoon to use."

Fishlegs sang while picking up a specific spoon to show Astrid.

"To be a princess is a thousand pairs of shoes.

To maintain a regal gait.

Leave the parsley on your plate and be charming,

but detached and yet amused."

"To be a princess is to never be confused."

He continued to show her what to do with posture of how the royals act in public.

"Do a pile and never fall,

don't ever stray from a protocol.

All through the day

there's just one way you must behave.

Do keep a grip and never crack,

stiff upper lip and arch your back,

bend from above and

always wear your gloves and wave."

Fishlegs gave more demonstration on how to act around the public with Astrid mimicking along. 

"Shoulders back and tummy in

and pikey out and lift the chin

and slowly turn the head from side to side."

"I see now!"  Astrid singed following along, though a bit irritated with all the rules to follow.

"Breathing gently, stepping lightly."

He continued while guiding Astrid to the closet.

"Smile brightly, nod politely,

and never show a thing

you feel inside. Glide." 

Before he pushed her into the closet with the doors closing.

Moments later she come out with a bluish mix with red dress and Stormfly did a double take to recognize Astrid. Fishlegs continued explaining what to do while singing.

"To be a princess is to always look your best.

To be a princess is to never get to rest,

sit for a portrait never squirm,

sleep on a mattress extra firm.

Speak and be clever never at a loss for words,