Chapter one

~nh~

I was sitting on the sofa to mine and Zayn's flat, curled into a tiny ball, trying to get some sleep.

I always slept with Zayn's blanket that says "BRADFORD" written on it because even after 10 long months of not seeing him or touching or holding or loving him, the blanket smelled like he did.

I sniffled, hiding under the black cloth, sobbing to myself into the leather cushion.

I miss his scent, accent, body and everything.

"Niall c'mon love," Liam gently shook my shoulder, I looked up at him.

"I miss him," I croaked, he nodded sadly, ruffling my hair.

"Babe you have homework from classes, college isn't easy so just finish yeah?" He asked, I whimpered, sitting up.

"But I don't care about UNI- I care about Zaynie," I sobbed, he sighed, hugging me tightly.

"I know you do love. And especially since it's your 2 year anniversary today. He'll call or send you an email from Iraq- I know it. I know you miss him and I know he misses you," he kissed my temple.

"W-what if he cheated on a hot army bloke back in Iraq?" I asked, he ruffled my hair.

"He'd be dumb to cheat on you Ni. You're a once in a lifetime. He loves you so much. Plus you're hot."

I smiled, grabbing my laptop and starting my homework up, until the doorbell rang.

I groaned, Liam chuckled, standing up to open the door instead of me.

"Hey Ni! There's a package you have to sign!" He yelled through the flat, I groaned, standing up and slipping on the comfy, tiger slippers Zayn bought me from Iraq, tucking the blanket around my shoulders.

I shuffled down the hall to the front, looking at my feet, not bothering to look up at the delivery man anyway.

'What is it? Did Zayn send it?'

"A package for Niall Horan- one Zayn Malik," a tough accent said, I finally looked up and blue eyes met gold brown ones finally.

"ZAYN!!" I screamed, dropping the blanket and literally jumping into his arms, he fell back into the hall, lips attached to mine.

"Niall," he whispered, arms firmly around my waist, I looked into his eyes, he wiped my tears away.

"Hey hey hey there baby- oh my god- I missed you Nially," he whispered, shakily bringing his hand up to the nape of my neck, kissing my forehead, I attached to his neck, my arms wrapped around tightly, I looked at him.

"Y-y-you're alive- t-they said your only have an- a 10% of surviving in Iraq!!" I sobbed, he sat up with me curled in his lap, people coming out of their flats from the noise, smiling at Zayn holding me tight.

Everyone in the complex knew that I was dating Zayn and he was in the military. They were happy for me having him back.

"I know love... I know..." He whispered, standing up with me attached to him like a koala, walking in the flat, Liam getting his luggage from the hall, Zayn sat with me on the sofa, we cuddled so close we were practically joined together, his arms around me so tight and mine around his body so tight.

"I'll catch you guys later yeah? Get some private time together. My god- so fucking good to see you again Zayn," Liam hugged Zayn and I, pressing kisses to each of our temples before leaving us alone, I looked at Zayn.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you more," I said into his chest.

"I know it's our 2 year anniversary today- but- I couldn't do anything after being discharged and-" I shut him up halfway.

"You're discharged?! You don't have to go back?!" I asked, a small smile appeared on his face as he nodded.

"That's right. I don't have to go back to a training camp or foreign country or anything. I-I think I'm gonna finally get a real job here in London. I-I miss cuddling and hugging and living normally," he said in one breathe, I covered my mouth with my hand through sobs, smiling.

"Zayn... This- this is the greatest- this is definitely the greatest 2 year anniversary present- you're safe," I whispered, he placed a chaste kiss to my lips, gently humming to me once we pulled away.

"It's gonna take me a long time to be mentally safe though alright? I'll have panic attacks and feel like shit for stuff they made me do in the army- please bare with me," he pleaded gently, I nodded immediately.

"Of course. And if you need to talk- talk to me please," I cooed, he smiled weakly, nodding.

"I will always talk to you love."