Chapter two

~nh~

~

One fact Zayn told me about the army;

The other soldiers would make fun of him day and night for being gay.

~

"I've got classes today," I muttered in Zayn's bicep, he groaned quietly, looking at me with sleepy eyes.

"Which ones?"

"Mr. Styles and Mr. Tomlinson. Remember them?"

"Yeah I remember them, they're really nice," he said back, kissing my cheek.

"I'll take you, c'mon," he said, sitting up in bed and rubbing his eyes, I stared at him.

"Zayn!! You just got back from the army yesterday!! Get some rest," I urged, he looked at me.

"I-I'd rather spend as little time alone as I can," he muttered softly, I hugged him tightly from behind, my chin rested on his broad shoulder, he held under my naked milky thighs, resting his head against mine.

"When did you get so tired?" I asked, he sighed.

"The first day of bootcamp."

~~zm~~

"And this is my classroom," Niall gestured to the desks and some students were already there, Mr. Tomlinson looking over lesson plans with Mr. Styles.

If I remember correctly from what Niall said, the 2 are best friends.

"Lets go say hi!!" My giggly boyfriend pulled me towards the 2 teachers who looked at us.

"Oh, hi Niall, who's this?" Mr. Styles asked, a smile on his face.

"This is Zayn. He's my boyfriend," he said happily, I smiled down at him, pressing a quick kiss to the top of his head.

"Oh! Nice to meet ya lad! Niall talks about you in class a lot, his journal entries are often about how he misses you since- you know," Mr. Tomlinson said, I smiled weakly at him, nodding.

I appreciate how he tried to make it less obvious I went to war.

"I'm sure he does do that Mr. Tomlinson," I smiled at my blushing boyfriend.

"Call me Louis."

"Then call me Harry."

"Alright," I smiled at them.

"Hey, Lou I'm gonna head to my classroom yeah? Catch ya later bud," Harry ruffled Louis' hair, hustling out of the classroom to his own.

"I'll catch you later love yeah? I'm gonna go job hunting for a bit," I looked at Niall, he nodded.

"Sounds good to me. Bye Zaynie," he kissed me before going to his seat.

I turned around to leave but Louis came up to me quickly, shaking my hand.

"Thank you. You made Niall really happy ya know? He seemed so depressed without you, but today- he's so happy."

I looked at my boyfriend who was reading a book with a smile on his face.

"Well, that's why I'm here. To make him happy."

~nh~

I tucked my books away, looking at the clock.

My classes were done and it was only 14:00.

Slowly trudging out of the room, I looked up to see Zayn was already there waiting.

He's the greatest...

"You waited?" I asked, he smiled, giving me a quick Eskimo kiss.

"Yeah I went job hunting actually and just came to pick you up. Plus, you are looking at the proud worker at the local music shop, 'Trebles and Things'," he said, I smiled widely.

"Really?! Yay!!" I cheered, hugging him tight, he kissed my temple.

"I have to go return my essay to Mr. Styles but then we should go out to lunch," I said into his neck, he nodded releasing me, I hooked our fingers together, hustling to Mr. Styles class, finding Mr. Tomlinson also there sitting on a desk, Mr. Styles at his desk using the computer, Mr. Tomlinson looking over his shoulder, his chin on the larger man's shoulder.

"Hello," I waved to them, they smiled back.

"Oh hi Niall, Zayn," Mr. Styles said, standing up and walking over to us, erasing the board, I handed him my essay.

"Early? Nice job Niall," he commended, I smiled.

"Yeah- bye Mr. Uh- bye Mr.'s Stylinson," I rushed out, pulling Zayn with me, the teachers laughed along with my boyfriend.

"You're so cute," Zayn chuckled as we exited the school to his car.

"Yeah yeah but you're cuter," I kissed his cheek, climbing into the passenger sear and throwing my bag to the back of the car, he went to the driver seat, I quickly held his hand where it was on the cup compartment.

He brought it up and kissed my knuckles, smiling.

"Love you," he muttered softly, I muttered those exact words back quietly.

We quietly drove, Zayn fidgeting in his seat a bit, it was rather cute. "You're the best," I muttered, smiling.

"I know," he said cheekily, I looked at him focused on the road.

"H-how was it back in Iraq? I-I want to know," I whispered, he sighed, squeezing my hand tighter.

"I don't remember a lot honestly love. It was just scary and sad and lonely and terrifying out there. The other soldiers would call me a-a-a faggot because they knew I was gay a-and actually had someone to come home to- the colonel would be rougher on me, fuck- it was awful," he said, squeezing his eyes shut for a second before refocusing on the road, I leaned over and kissed his cheek quickly.

"I love you- fuck- you're so strong love," I said quietly, wiping his tiny tears away.

"Lets just go home, I'll make some food there," I urged gently, he nodded, driving us home instead.

~nh~

It kind of sucks that I had to change Niall's plans because I was acting like a baby.

"'m sorry," I whispered to Niall in his neck, he looked me in the eyes.

"For what? You don't have anything to be sorry for," he said softly, I whimpered.

"I'm sorry for ruining our lunch date."

He ruffled my hair, kissing my nose.

"Don't be sorry Zaynie, it's okay, I understand completely," he gently tousled my quiff.

The timer went off and he giggled, hustling off to the kitchen and returning a few minutes later with two plates.

"Here," he handed me a plate of pasta and I stared at it, mouth open in surprise.

It looked 100% professionally cooked and plated.

"Wow," I said, Niall laughed, smiling at me.

"I've been taking cooking classes," he muttered, I opened my arms and allowed him into my arms to my lap.

"I bet it tastes almost as lovely as your lips," I muttered, pressing a kiss to his pink lips gently.

He giggled, smiling.

"Alright, lets eat!!" He cheered as we started to dig in.

The food definitely tasted fantastic.

But, Niall's lips taste way better.