Chapter five

~nh~

One fact I learned about Zayn in the army; he barely got any sleep.

~

"Hello," I said to Zayn, he smiled, sipping his coffee, I took it from his hand, sipping some of it.

"So, you've been home for 6 months and I've noticed something," I started, he nodded.

"Continue."

"You always drink coffee. You would never drink it before but now you're like addicted to it love," I said, sitting in his lap, taking the cup away from him and putting it on the table, I held around his neck with my tiny arms.

"I'm just really tired lately," he muttered, hugging me tightly.

"But it has been 6 months, do I make you that tired the night before your sleeping isn't enough?" I asked cheekily, he widened his eyes.

"No no no please don't make this dirty," he muttered, I ruffled his hair messily.

"I'm sorry- just tryna lighten the mood. You've became addicted to caffeine," I whimpered, he shook his head frantically.

"No I'm not!! I can stop anytime I want to! I-I guess it's just backup to make sure I stay awake," he said, I nodded.

"Then why don't you stop? Please- don't get addicted to something- please," I muttered, he sighed.

"I'm addicted to you."

My eyes lit up.

"Cheesy. Nice job flirting," I said, he chuckled.

"But I still don't get it- why the sudden excessive coffee drinking?"

"When I was in the army, I got an hour of sleep a day maximum. It was tiring and bad and I dunno- I just wanna get a lot of sleep but can't sometimes," he said, I sighed, holding him tight.

"I'll make sure you sleep. C'mon, we can sleep right now on the sofa," I said, he nodded.

We laid down, he held me in his arms, my head on his chest.

"Go to sleep, go to sleep my little Zayniekins," I sang off key, rubbing circles in his back, he sighed in content.

"Keep doing that," he muttered, I chuckled.

"Go to sleep-" he cut my off by covering my mouth with his larger hand.

"I mean the rubbing in my back, it feels really good."

I did so, pretty soon after 10 minutes, he was fast asleep.

"I love you," he muttered in his sleep, I kissed his temple.

"I love you too Zayniekins? I really do."

~3 hours later~

"Alright class, lets revise the past material. Niall I have to speak with you in the hall," my teacher Mr. Johnson said, I nodded, following him out of the classroom.

"You know you have skipped 3 of my classes Niall? That means 3 days of detention. Also, it's silly of you to skip my class because your boyfriend came home. I understand your other teachers are flexible but I'm not. So, you have to come in today for detention."

I nodded as he handed me a pink slip, going back into class.

I groaned, texting Zayn I'd be home late.

Nothing good happens in detention.

Ever.

~~

I stumbled out of detention, my pant zipper un done and whimpering, backpack falling off.

All I could feel was numb and sad.