{Chapter 4: The Daydream}

Dinner...

Kaitlyn's P.O.V.

"Guys... I have a very important announcement to make..." Said Skylor, standing up. Me, Lloyd and Kai just carried on eating whilst everyone else started at her, confused.

"Well... What is it?" Asked Nya and put another small potato on her mouth. Skylor took a deep breath.

"Some of you may be happy for me... Some of you may think I'm irresponsible... Some of you may even spit out your food so swallow it now and stop eating for a bit," started Skylor. I swallowed back my laughter. She was being so formal!

"Yeah yeah, what is it?" Asked Jay impatiently. Skylor took another deep breath.

"I'm going to have a... Child," she blurted out.

Reactions:

Wu: nothing.

Nya, Zane, Caleb, Misako: loud gasps.

Jay & Cole: ignored the warning and both started choking on their food.

Cole eventually swallowed his down but Jay's was stuck somewhere at the back of his throat and Nya had to whack him hard like 5 times on the back before he swallowed his down aswell.

I started laughing at Jay but then everyone started giving me 'what the hell' looks so I stopped...

"Yeah... So I kinda did say don't eat but whatever..." Skylor carried on whilst sitting back down.

"How come I didn't get to know about this first!" Exclaimed Nya.

"I've only just found out aswell!" Replied Sky shaking her head.

"Well that's one ninja down..." Muttered Cole.

Skylor sighed, "I'm sorry... It was unplanned."

"Well... It happened and we can't turn back time. And by the way Sky, if you and Kai ever need help with the baby then just remember I'm always here," said Misako with a smile.

Skylor smiled back, "thanks Misako."
I found it weird that Sensei didn't say a word. He didn't even look surprised, like he knew this would happen. Maybe he did...

After dinner I decided to go outside. It was dark but I didn't mind too much. The chilly air made me shiver but I didn't mind. My mind started wandering.
It was nice that Sky and Kai were going to be parents, I'm actually really happy for them now that there is no tension between everyone and stuff. Suddenly, I remembered a quote that I heard sometime in the past: 'sometimes the best things happen by accident'.
I felt like someone said it to me ages ago... I just can't seem to remember who. Then, for some reason, my mom came into my mind and I started thinking about her and the weird dreams I had in the past. I haven't had one in a while now and I can't seem to decide if that's good or bad.
I so badly wanted to know if the dreams were real or not. If they were then that could mean that my mom is still alive and out there somewhere.

I looked out into the distance.

Actually, not just my mom but Skylor's aswell. In every dream I had she seemed to get mentioned by either my mom or Skylor herself which meant that she could be alive too. Maybe even together with my mom. They were sisters afterall.
A question popped into my mind and I really wanted to discuss it with Skylor so I went back inside and up to mine and Skylor's room. She's just finished having a shower and she came out the bathroom in her pj's and a towel wrapped round her head.

"Sky I need to ask you something," I said to her.

"What is it?" She asked.

I look her in the eyes, "Skylor... what if... what if everything you ever believed in was a lie?"  
She stayed silent.

"I-I'm not sure..." She replied eventually, "where did that come from?"

"Well... I was just thinking about my mom and the dreams I used to have... And then I asked myself 'what if they are real?' Because, they have to come from SOMEWHERE, right?"

"Well yeah, but not all dreams are real, you do realise that? They are just made up scenarios in our heads when we sleep."

"But it couldn't have been a coincidence when we had the same dream, the same night ages ago and we both found out the names of my parents. When we woke up you even said that we remembered something from years ago we weren't sposed to remember."

"I guess you're right... But it's impossible for my mom to be alive... Me and my dad were so sure she died after she went missing..."

"So were me and my dad," I stated and then another question popped into my head, "Sky, do you remember what date your mom went missing?"

She thought for a bit, "from what I've been told by my dad, it happened when I was no older than 2. On something like... 6th of May 1999..."

My eyes grew wide and my face went pale. That was the date of my birth. It was the date that I've been told that my mom went missing too.