Part 9

The days past slowly. Every breath was strained in anticipation. All I knew was that Alex was in Nevis, And I knew I needed to get there. We would leave on Friday and ride in the under compartment of the plane that would take us there. These thoughts pondered in my mind as I crouched down behind a bush. We were about to get moving when a hand grabbed my shoulder. I spun around expecting a cop or something to grab me out and take me to jail. My heart pounded with adrenalin only  to see a smiling face staring down at me. "Laff? I thought you were in Paris."

"We heard what happened to Alex. We will get him back." I acknowledged with a small smile. We had fifteen minutes before the flight took off so we had to move fast.

"How did you get here so fast? And were is Hercules?" When my voice stopped at Hercules his eyes lit up with a certain light that could shine in the darkest times. His eyes fluttered closed for a small second. Alex's eyes lit up like that. I missed him so much. Snowflakes fluttered past my face and softly fell on the cement concreate. When Alex smiled the coldest days were warm. When I looked in the mirror now all I saw the shell of a man who didn't have a purpose. Breathing in snowflakes The task ahead of us flooded into my mind.

  "Me and Herc will meet you there. And Martha contacted me. John, Are you ok?"

"No." With that I started walking toward our meeting spot. Martha leaned up on the brick wall of  the airport. Her hair was now a vibrant mint. Her usual smirk was gone her face looked tired and sad.

"Lets go." She said barely over a whisper. We scrambled into the cold winter air and behind a building. The frozen air caught my thought  as a tear slowly fell from my face. sneaking into the under compartment was harder then I expected it to be but we got in. I could feel Martha's heart beating as I leaned back agenced the plane. The only light in the darkness of the plane was a thin beam of light. Opening my eyes I looked at the beam of light. ill try to fight. But I just wanted you here. I don't know what I wanted anymore. Only heaven knew how much I wanted Alex back. I felt like I had fallen in the darkness. God I wanted to feel different.

"John?"

"Sorry." I said, trying to wipe the tears away from my eyes. I didn't want to crash and burn. Martha grabbed a tissue out of our backpack and gave it to me.

"Thank you." The rest of the flight felt slow and the minutes seemed to drag on for days. I closed my eyes for only a moment when Martha shoved me awake. I had noticed she had seemed to be very clingy to Ellie. They must have known something before. Martha's face seemed pained when she looked at her. Their fingers were intertwined and ever so slowly Martha's eyes closed and her head landed softly on Ellie lap. These thoughts rotated in my mind as I too fell asleep. 

Time to go 'ey." The air felt hot and humid as my eyes got used to the blinding light seeping through the bolts of the plane. Suddenly the door to my right swung open. Ellie stopped and smirked.

"Good to see you Christopher." The heat on my cheeks lit up when I saw what I was looking at. His tan skin and dark eyes penetrated through my heart like and arrow.