Chapter 8

Dedicated to @TheIndecisive0KitKat :)

ASH'S POV:

I drove back to my house, worried about Katrina. I wanted to go find her, make sure she's okay, but I had some business to attend to and as a gang leader, I had to get to it.

I walked in and greeted Edna, our housekeeper. She had been working for us since forever and was more like a mother to me than a housekeeper. She was strict but loyal. She knew everything I did and even though she didn't approve of it, she would never rat me out. She was always there to help us and provide for us.

I walked into my room and dialled a number. "Hello" 

"You got the money?" I asked. He was late and I hate people who pay late. 

"It's coming, patience" The nerve of this guy. I growled in reply. His attitude was going to get him beat, or better, killed.

"My patience is gone. You got 24 hours. Then, I kill you and take everything you have. Don't even bother with the cops." I hang up and run a hand through my hair. Dealing with drug addicts is one thing. Dealing with egotistical drug addicts just pisses me off.

I finished off some work and then decided to call Katrina, knowing the sound of her voice will unburden me for now.

She answered after a few rings. "Hello?" her voice was so soft and sweet. I could listen to it all day. 

"Hey kitten" I replied, smirking at the nickname. I could hear the surprise in her voice. But I quickly grew angry. Was there someone else she was expecting a call from at this hour? God, I sound jealous. I hate it.

We talked for a while and I could feel my worries washing away. I felt bad for lying to her about how I got her number but I didn't want to scare her away or anything. 

We were so busy talking I didn't notice Grayson walk in with his phone in his hand.  I excused myself from Katrina and growled at Grayson for interrupting us.

"The hell do you want? And don't you dare barge into my room like that again" I snapped.

"It's important and I knocked." he said, rolling his eyes.

"Whatever it is, i'm sure it can wait till-" 

"Just watch this" He cut me off and shoved his phone in my face. I raised my eyebrow at him and realised he looked worried and angry. I pressed the play button.

The video was bad quality. But it wasn't hard to understand what was happening. Who was talking. It was Katrina. My Katrina. And her father. AKA, the egotistical drug addict from earlier.

The video ended and Grayson looked at me nervously. My eyes grew dark as I threw the phone across the room. "I'LL KILL HIM. I'LL FUCKING END HIM." I yelled, storming out, slamming the door behind me.