Chapter Eight - Wednesday

Chapter Eight – Wednesday

Wait. Wasn’t I here already?

I craned my head over the mass of people trying to figure out my location, I’ve seen this exact water fountain twice before. I huffed.

I cannot remember the last time I had my journal exactly.

But all I know now is that it’s missing. Okay well, it may not be the first time but I’m reacting in a suitable fashion anyway. I’m freaking out.

There are things in that very small notebook that should not be seen with eyes other than mine. Like my doodles, random misspelled song lyrics and my scribble sheets. I may or may not have written my past and present crushes in different fonts, sizes and colours out of boredom or drawn their faces surprisingly accurately.

Yeah. Now you understand my problem.

Andy and I had a free period so he decided as a Good Samaritan to help me retrieve my vitally significant little black notebook. So he went to the cafeteria to wait for it appear.

The bell rang and I braced myself for the stampede of students that rushed out of the doors on both sides of the hall. As I watched them push against each other fighting for their personal space I shrunk into the wall and rested my hand against a bump at my right hip. “Oof…”

“Tia?”

“Yes Pete this hilarious.” I muttered, unheard over his loud snorts of laughter. “At least help me up!”

“N-nah” he choked out “I-I can’t do that.”

“Here.”

I gratefully took Patrick’s hand and he pulled me to his chest. “Thanks” I breathed.

“Run dear, runaway with me. I know I sound crazy don’t you see what you do to me?” he whispered.

Needless to say, Patrick quoting ALT and requesting to ditch school with him didn’t happen. It would be awesome if it did though.

There was an annoying fluttery feeling in my stomach, like something was severely tickling my intestines with an extremely unhygienic feather. It happened a lot these days, but right now I was pretty sure it was starting to get serious. I was starting to think about visiting the nurse.

“Thanks, good to know chivalry isn’t all lost these days.” I said with an attempt at a smile.

Patrick laughed quietly to himself as he allowed me to lean on his shoulder.

“I’m just going to – um bye,” Pete said before dragging a stunned Joe with him.

“So Tia,”

“Mmm” My eyes were about to flutter closed and I swayed slightly on my feet. Patrick’s hands found mine as he steadied my petite figure.

“You okay?”

“Tired, just tired. I’ve lost my jour-” I snapped awake and began to choose my words carefully. “A notebook, it’s black and about so big, and have been chasing the damn thing around the school for about three hours with no such luck ” I gestured its size with my hands. “Seen it perchance?”