seven✡

"Mads, wake up." Calum murmurs in her ear after they had both gotten almost two hours of sleep. She groans, shaking her head against his neck. He laughs quietly before scooping her up, sitting up, and placing her on his lap. She instantly curls up against his chest.

"You're comfortable, Cal." She sighs into his hard chest. He laughs once again, standing up and spinning around, Maddy still in his arms. She squeals loudly while laughing, tightening her arms around his neck. "Calum!" After what seems like eternity, he sets her down on the edge of the bed, lighly kissing her forehead. "You are something else." She huffs once the room finally stops spinning.

"Let's do something." He suggests happily.

"What do you suggest we do?" Maddy smiles, standing and pulling Calum up with her.

"We could go see a movie or something?" He shrugs.

"I need a change of clothes first. And can we get something to eat?" She scrunches her face cutely.

"We could sneak into your room, and then go get a burger or something." Once again, he shrugs.

"Wow, sneaking a boy into my house, how scandalous." She teases, poking his stomach.

"Like you haven't done it before." Calum rolls his eyes playfully.

"Well," she trails. Calum visibly stiffens, his face hardening with jealousy. "I'm kidding, Cal." She laughs. "No need to get jealous."

"I am not jealous." He defends, pouting.

"So you aren't jealous of the other three guys I've slept with?" His gaze hardens as he stares down at her.

"What?" She tries really hard to keep her smile contained, but fails and ends up in hysterics. "Ugh, I hate you." He mumbles. Maddy stops laughing and stares at him sadly. "Oh shit, Mads, I was kidding. I didn't mean I hate you, I-"

"Calum," she stops him with a light smile, "I know you weren't serious. You gulible little fuck." Calum tries to look angry as he grabs her hand and tugs her out of the room. He intertwines their fingers and starts swinging their arms back and forth.

"So how do you get to your house?" Calum asks as he pulls out of his parking space. She gives him the directions. "You live like, thirty minutes away, how long were you walking?" He laughs, grabbing her hand from the other side of the middle compartment.

"I don't know." She shrugs with a small smile, looking over at Calum. "I left the house at around ten thirty, so I guess and hour and a half."

"Mads, that's dangerous. What if you had gotten hurt out there?" He murmurs, letting his protective side show.

"You wouldn't have even known, Cal." She chuckles, shaking her head.

"But then I wouldn't have met you." He points out.

"Lucky you." She mutters quietly, not aware Calum had heard her.

"What?" He asks softly, glancing at her quickly.

"Uh, lucky me. I meant to say lucky me because, well, I was kidding and well-"

"Mads. What's going on? Are you okay?" He murmurs, pulling over and stopping the car.

"I'm fine, Cal. Why'd you stop the car?" She asks, not meeting his eyes.

"Come here." He whispers, tugging lightly on her hand he still had a loose grip on. She carefully crawls over the middle section into Calum's lap before repositioning herself so she is straddling his waist - the only comfortable way to sit. He grips her hips and she wraps her arms loosely around his neck, leaning her head on his shoulder. "No, Mads, look at me." He orders softly. She sighs and props herself back up, resting her hands on his chest.

"I sort of have depression issues." She finally confesses.

"Sort of?"

"I haven't exactly been diagnosed with it, but it's just complicated. I don't know, Cal." She mumbles, numbling on her bottom lip. Calum tried to ignore how great she looked doing that.

"I'm sorry, Mads." He murmurs, wiping away the few tears that had escaped her pretty, brown eyes. "Please don't cry." She smiles lightly at him.

"Sorry."

"Madison, if you don't stop apologizing." He laughs softly. She giggles with a shrug.

"So-" She cuts herself off with another giggles, and Calum can't hide the idiotic smile that made its way to his face.

"Come on, lets go to your house." He says after they sit staring at each other for a few moments. She just barely kisses Calum's jawline with a small smile.

"Thanks for making me feel better... again."