eleven✡

"God, I'm such an idiot." Maddy mumbles, slumping in the front seat of Michael's car after explaining what she had heard. Her tears had finally stopped, now she's just trying to ignore the aching in her head.

"You aren't an idiot. He's just sneaky. I swear, if I ever see that bastard." He huffs, tightening his grip on the steering wheel.

"Michael, that isn't necessary." She sighs.

"Yes it is. He played you and Taylor. Two of my best friends."

"Technically, he hasn't played me yet." Michael looks at her sympathetically with a small sigh.

"I'm sorry, Maddy. Why don't we invite Taylor and Ashton over? Take your mind off things." He suggests. Maddy only nods, not bothering with an actual reply.

The next day, while Michael plays video games and Ashton and Taylor aimlessly flirt, Maddy sits in a couch in the corner of her house's game room. "Maddy, someone has been practically raping your door for the past five minutes. Are you gonna answer it?" Ashton asks teasingly. She nods, finding no humor in his statement, before walking upstairs towards the foyer. She rubs at her eyes as she opens the door in attempt to get rid of the puffiness around her eyes.

"Sorry, I was downstairs, I didn't-" She stops mid-sentence when she notices Calum standing with a small, sheepish smile. "Oh." Her friends, being the usual nosy people they are, run up the stairs to see who was at the door.

"Mads, you have to let me explain what you heard." He pleads, ignoring Ashton and Michael's glares and Taylor's small gasp.

"No, Calum. There's no excuse for what you that. You did the same thing to my best friend. Do you know how broken she was? Do you even care?" Maddy exclaims, hitting the angry stage of heart break.

"To be honest, no. But that's only because I'm only concerned about you, Madison." Even though his reply was cheesy it was honest. Michael lets out a snort and rolls his eyes. "Can we do this without your friends around?" He asks quietly. Maddy huffs and takes a step outside, shutting the door after her.

"Talk."

"Mads, I know you're like, really pissed off, but I swear you're different than the rest of them."

"And how many girls have you used that on?" She challenges, crossing her arms over her chest. He frowns, running his hands through his dark hair.

"I've never used that on a girl. I promise, god, Mads, I swear. You're really, really special to me. Please don't leave me because of my past mistakes." He pleads, eyes watering. Mads features soften at his appearance and she lets out a quiet sigh. "Do you believe me?" He asks quietly after they stood in silence for a few minutes.

"Of course, Cal." She mumbles with another sigh. She wraps her arms around his torso tightly, burying her head in his chest. Calum breathes a sigh of relief as he wraps his arms arms around her and rests his head on hers. "You're tall as fuck." She mutters in his chest, making it vibrate with laughter. He pulls away and smiles down at her. "Sorry for over-"

"Mads." He groans making her giggle.

"What?" She exclaims playfully. "I'm trying to apologize."

"Well, stop that." He laughs before kissing her forehead softly.

"Oh my god, Calum." She groans.

"What?" He asks with yet another laugh.

"Would you kiss me for real?" Maddy honestly didn't care how desperate she sounded, she just wanted to feel his lips on hers not her face. Calum grabs either side of her face and brings it to his, meeting their lips.

As cheesy as it sounds, Maddy couldn't describe the feeling she got when Calum kissed her. She had only kissed a few guys - one of them being Michael which was really really awkward. But kissing Calum was completely different.

"Sorry." She mumbles once he pulls away. He laughs against her lips, pecking them once more before fully pulling away.

"Now what are you apologizing for?" Maddy licks her lips, looking away from Calum, embarrassed.

"I like, ordered you to kiss me, oh my god." She covers her face with her hands.

"Well, I've wanted to kiss you, but I just didn't because I'm a coward." Calum mumbles, blushing slightly.

"Calum Hood, guy who's been with tons of girls, is a coward?" Maddy teases.

"Around you, I guess. I don't want to fuck things up with you." He murmurs. Maddy coos, wrapping her arms around him once again. "So, does this mean you like me too?" He finally asks after staying quiet.

"Of course I like you, idiot." She laughs.