Chapter 9

Bryanna had been here before. However, she only explored one hall before as she walked to the basement. The nice tile was the same in every room, but the house was quite a bit larger than she remembered it. It wasn't a mansion. She knew that from before, but it was still large, cozy, and very welcoming.

Andrew invited Bryanna to sit down on the couch with Patty. 

Bryanna sat down, noticing the beautiful shade of the walls. "Should I have brought Monique?" 

"Your roommate?" 

Patty laughed. "Of course not. The vampires are going for whoever is a werewolf tonight. A vampire died, and a werewolf died. This could mean war between just the two races." 

Jude rolled her eyes as she walked in with a tray of chicken and vegetables. "I doubt it. The vampires don't exactly have a society or anything. They're just random pieces of shit that act of their own will. If they attack another werewolf tonight, it's because they're afraid."

Patty's brows furrowed. "Then why are we here? We just finished healing. We can take them. Especially if they're by themselves."

"Not all of us are healed. My ribs are still bruised." Jude served herself a tiny plate of chicken.

"The scratch I got keeps on reopening. It's getting smaller, but it's going to take a little more time to heal entirely," Bryanna said.

Kyle sighed. "Garth shouldn't be out there. Last time, he got several slammings to the face. Who knows what he'll get this time." He crossed his arms and continued looking out the window. "Same with Clyde. We should all be here."

Andrew rapidly flipped Kyle off.

Bryanna let out a small laugh. "Why are we all here anyway?"

Jude swallowed some of her food. "In case a vampire gets our scent. If they get it, they'll come here. They never travel together, so we'll be fine if one comes along."

Bryanna nodded. "That's cool."

"Isn't, it?" Andrew leaned forward to grab a tiny plate of food, and he winked at Bryanna. "We're like each other safe zone."

"Garth and Clyde better get back soon." Kyle stepped away from the window. "We don't know how many vampires are out there or how many Clyde and Garth can kill."

Andrew rolled his eyes. "They know what they're doing."

"That's probably what those other werewolves thought."

"Just shut up. They were victims. It wasn't a duel to the death or anything." Andrew began eating.

"How do you know," asked Patty.

Kyle rolled his eyes. Bryanna took a deep breath. "Can we patch my wound again? It's been bleeding a bit."

"Sure." Jude stood up. "We'll have to hurry so a vampire doesn't smell it from ten miles away."

                                                      ~~~~~~~

Monique was not even close to shooting her mark tonight. She continued shooting, but everything was taking her out of focus. The night before, she had a rough time sleeping. She woke up to Bryanna walking in and asking questions she did not have the answer to. Bryanna wanted to know Monique's answer to the deal, and she didn't have one. Now, Dimitri was going to arrive soon, and she wasn't prepared. 

She took a deep breath and tried to concentrate. She let go of the arrow, but she hit just above the base of the tree. She sighed.

"I told you, you weren't that brilliant."