Chapter 11

It had been a few days since Alex's transformation. Everything was calm, but it was still uncertain. Monique and Bryanna kept their talks of the supernatural minimal. Monique told Bryanna about the cure and her dealing with Dimitri. Yet, she didn't have many answers to help Bryanna find the wolf who turned her. She didn't want Bryanna to completely lean towards killing the wolf who turned her, for her selfish thoughts made her realize she would be alone. However, Bryanna was asleep, so they couldn't talk about anything. Bryanna worked two shifts the night before, but Monique didn't have the answer as to why. She thought it was because of stress, or birthday requests, or need of money.

Either way, Monique had to go to work this morning. She grabbed her keys and opened the door. She froze entirely. "Alex?"

Alex lunged at Monique, pulling her back and trying to bite her neck. Monique grabbed his shoulders and placed her legs on his arms as she sat on his chest. She looked around, eyeing no one around. She quickly began punching Alex's face over and over until he stopped moving. She looked around again and quickly moved him inside. She sat him on a chair and began tying him with the five-fifty cord she had in her room. She tied his hands behind him in the chair.

Monique stood in front of him. She noticed light patches of ash-grey colored bruises on his face. She remembered April saying that someone was dying and patches of ash were on his skin. She pushed Alex against the back wall of the living room.

Alex woke up and quietly growled at Monique. Monique swallowed and backed away to the door.

                                                                 ~~~~~~~

Bryanna groaned as she woke up in the afternoon. She walked into the living room and stared at Alex. Alex stared at her blankly like a doll. After a moment of staring at each other, Alex's head fell to one side, and he continued to stare at Bryanna.

Bryanna went back to her room for her cellphone. She dialed Monique's number as she continued to stare at Alex.

"Hello," Monique answered.

"Hey. So... Why is now-vampire Alex tied up in our living room?"

"Don't worry. He won't hurt you or can't really. He's tied up and doesn't have the ability to rip the five-fifty cord. Anyway, Dimitri is on his way."

Bryanna nodded. "Uh-huh. What's up with Alex's face?"

"I beat him up a bit. Anyway, I got to go. Let Dimitri in to help Alex, okay?"

"Kay. Bye."

"Bye."

Bryanna hung up and stared at Alex. Alex didn't move or twitch. He simply stared at her not moving with his head tilted to one side. Bryanna side and sat on a chair. "You're really lucky I don't have work today."

Alex simply continued staring. Bryanna raised a brow and stared into his eyes. She took a deep breath. "Well, I'm gonna make coffee." She went to the kitchen and put water to boil. After a few seconds of staring at it, she went to sit near Alex again. They stared at each other. She jumped as someone knocked on the door. She calmed herself and opened it. Dimitri paused, seeing Bryanna. They looked each other over.

Dimitri cleared his throat. "Can I come in?"

Bryanna hesitated, but she nodded. "Come on." She closed the door behind him.

Dimitri walked to Alex but stayed at a distance. He began looking Alex over.

Bryanna stood behind Dimitri. "Is there a reason he's staring off into space like that?"