Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Living life of rich and famous.

We were sitting in Jessica’s limo. She was telling us about her new boyfriend. She was so lucky! She always got what she wanted (it included all the clothes, accessories, friends and boys).

She was very enthusiastic. Her dark blue eyes were sparkling from happiness. 

‘‘He’s so hoooot!’’ She showed her white teeth. ‘‘You know what? I think I’m going to do a party next week... You could find some male friends there.’’ She winked.

‘‘Oh, great! It means that I’m going for some bigger shopping with my credit card.’’ Lauren laughed.

‘’Me too! My dad promised me a new Chanel outfit a while ago.’’ Sasha was the greatest fan of that brand.She was the most spoiled girl in the whole St. Louis High School, even more than Jess (which was a big  achievement). I was also rich and liked to go shopping to expensive stores but I wasn’t so obsessed with it like Sasha, Lauren and Jessica were. That’s why I prefered to usually hang out with Chloe, who was also wealthy but NORMAL. We didn’t spend all our time in malls but we could have a true friendship not like some other popular girls. I heart them talking behind their backs every time one of them goes to the toilet. 

Me, Lauren, Jess, Sash and Chloe were the queens of our school. Young, beautiful and in some cases spoiled. That’s just us - the elite.

***

The limo stopped and the driver opened the door to us. Jessica as always needed to go out the first. She sometimes annoyed all of us because she acted like a boss and wanted us to do everything she wishes.

When I left the car I realized that we weren’t even close to her house. 

‘’Um... Jess...? Where are we?’’ Chloe was the same surprised as I was. 

We were standing in the middle of a big parking. Around us, were trees and only one road that we came by here. 

‘‘Come on, you’d never been here?’’ It seemed weird to her. ‘‘Didn’t I take you here before?’’

‘‘Noo...’’ We all said slowly.

‘’Oh, I’m sorry! That could be a little shock for you when we came here... It seems like a parking in the middle of nowhere!’’ She was looking at us making her ‘sorry, I’m a blond!’ face. ‘‘That’s my parents’ little vacation villa.’’

As I later saw, we had so much different concept of the word ‘little’.

The parking was very big, probably because Mrs. Dylan did parties in that villa. She was known for them. Sometimes she did them in their house but usually in other villas they owned. 

I didn’t see that before, but in the trees, there was a small gate in the middle. We went through it. That small gate was was actually leading to a huge, beautiful house built in french style. 

‘‘At this side’’ She said pointing the left side of it’s garden (or should I say park?). ‘‘There is the ‘sport centre’ as we call it. There you can find a few pools... I really don’t remember how many right now... And a tennis court, fitness house in which there is a covered pool but the weather is so beautiful that we won’t use it probably.’’ She said smiling. We were all living in luxury but that place was like heaven. ‘‘And on the right side we have something more relaxing. We have a spa house and hammocks, gazebos and other stuff.’’

‘‘Wow. That sounds great!’’ Sasha was amazed.

‘‘I’m glad.’’ She smiled. I knew she was proud of that place. ‘‘Follow me, we’ll have something to drink.’’

We came inside the house. It was designed in modern style. All of the tables and chairs were made of plastic. It was so popular now but not everybody could afford the whole gigantic dinning room to have Kartel furniture. 

We came outside to a beautiful veranda. As the whole outside of the house it was designed in french style and as the rest of the building was amazing. Linen curtains fluttered in the wind. They were covering us from the hot sun. I could have a closer look on the nature. The grass was very green and evenly cut and there were lots of different flower types. That looked like a botanic park to me but that was just Jessica’s vacation villa.

‘‘Would you like to have something to drink?’ a servant suddenly appeared. He scared me because I was so concentrated on the plants that I didn’t even hear him. 

‘’Um... Five lemonades with something s t r o n g e r if you know what I mean.’’ Jessica winked. We were only sixteen but we always knew how to get what we want, no matter if it was legal or not. 

‘’Of course Miss Dylan.’’ He gently bowed.

‘‘Harry, we dealt with it last summer! I’m Jessica.’’

‘’As you wish.’’ And he walked away.