Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Lemonade, pool and two girls missing

We sat there for a while and gossiped about the other popular girls that try to be like us. Later we went to see the rest of the house inside.

‘’I think I’m going to show you your rooms so you can change your clothes into bikinis I left for you.’’ Jessica said taking us upstairs. ‘‘Showing you the garden will take a while so I’m going to do it later.’’

We came upstairs. There was a long corridor with many doors. She gave me and Chloe a key to one room and Lauren and Sasha got their too. After that she left us alone and went to her bedroom.

As soon as we were alone with Chloe, we could finally talk. 

‘‘WOW.’’ She said taking a look around. ‘‘This place is to good to be true.’’

‘‘Who says it?’’ I laughed. Her parents had many similar houses -just like mine- but she was right. ‘’I can guarantee you that we will have a great weekend.’’

‘‘Yeah.’’ She looked at me with her beautiful brown eyes.

Not to stand in one place for all the time I came to see what’s in the closed and my best friend jumped on the bed.

‘‘Okay, let me see what do we have here.’’ I said opening it. We always left some clothes for change if we invited each other - that became a tradition. ‘‘Not bad.’’

‘‘Show me, show me!’’ Chloe fell on the floor.

In a minute we both looked inside. There were many Juicy tracksuits of different colors. Above them there were Pepe Jeans and Armani shorts with some nice tee-shirts of Abercrombie, Prada and some other brands we both liked. 

‘’I think that Jess is going to do a party.’’ I said after a moment of silence. ‘‘We have too many dresses and outfits here.’’

‘‘You’re right. Finally we can have some fun!’’ We were both happy about it because we just finished our last exams and we were mentally tired. 

We looked inside a drawer and took some Victoria’s Secret bikinis. After two minutes we were ready to go.

We came out of the room. It looked like we were ready first. Not to waste time we decided to explore the place ourselves. 

‘‘How about we’ll go to the garden?’’ Chloe proposed.

‘‘The relax part.’’ She nodded. 

***

As we later realized,  it was a bad idea. We got lost.

‘‘How is that possible? I mean, I thought that we remembered the way!’’ Chloe got nervous.

‘‘Not a big deal! We can call Jess or check where we are on maps.’’ I didn’t worry at all.

‘‘Heather... We’re both in bikinis so that means we d o n’ t  have phones with us.’’ She looked at me like I was an idiot.

‘‘Shit...’’ I realized she was right. I turned around. There was no path, we were in the middle of nowhere.  We were walking by the path, but when it ended we decided to go more less straight between the woods. 

I tried to find a way back but all we could see were trees and j u s t trees. My efforts were vain. It was getting late because it got darker. At first I didn’t worry because I thought that it will be something easy but when it got colder and we had no idea where we are - than I realized we had a problem.

We were walking in the forest, wearing only swimsuits and flip-flops. We didn’t even take towels because we knew that we would get them on the pool but anyway, the day was hot, we didn’t need towels to be comfortable.

‘‘Haloooo?’’ I shouted but nobody answered, I could only hear a quiet  echo coming back to me. It was amazing how we could get lost in somebody’s garden... Well, it was a private park, at least looked like one.

‘‘Heather, I think we can rest now.’’ She touched my shoulder. ‘‘You can’t really do anything about it and I even have a feeling that we get lost more and more when we try to find the way.’’

‘‘You’re right.’’ I sat on a cut tree bough. ‘‘How do you think, how big is this thing?’’

‘‘The park? Oh, I bet it’s huge.’’ She said trying yo sit on my bough.

‘’I really don’t know what to do, let’s just have a break, I’m exhausted.’’

‘‘Good idea.’’ And we were sitting there, sharing one cut tree bough trying to have a nap.