Chapter 4

Shadow , Fang and Luna stayed together for a couple of days. Luna knew she was going to die soon. She didn't what her pups to know that. But Shadow and Fang could tell her time was coming up. Luna told Shadow and Fang that they can't stay with her forever. They needed to find a mate or join a wolf pack to live on their own. The next day came and Shadow awoken to see the her mother was not with her or Fang. She woke Fang up and told him that mother was gone. Shadow came out of the den trying to look for her. Fang stopped her at her tracks and said.

" Shadow stop this" Shadow ignored him and kept moving. Fang ran in front of her and blocked her way.

" It's no use Shadow , mother is dead now, let her go." Shadow took a deep breath and looked at her brother.

" I guess this is where we depart once more." Fang nodded his head in agreement. Shadow and Fang said their goodbyes to each other and went their separate ways. As nightfall came Shadow let out a howl saying she was looking for a mate. She listened very carefully for any responses. Soon she heard a reply, it was a male wolf who was also looking for a mate. Shadow followed the sound of the direction from where the howl was. When Shadow came to the location she saw the male wolf. He was black with red eyes . She walked close to him and sniffed him. He also sniffed Shadow as well to know her scent.Shadow start talking to him.

" Hi, my name is Shadow, what's your name?" The male wolf replied.

" My name is Severus ." Shadow asked him more questions.

" Do you have a pack Severus? Or are you a lone wolf like me?" Severus answered Shadow.

" No, I don't have a pack and I am a lone wolf like you Shadow." Shadow smiled at him and said.

" I like you Severus." Severus laughed.

" You are the most beautiful she-wolf I have ever seen." Shadow deeply blushed. The two wolves walked together side by side in the moonlight. As they were walking Shadow decided that she wanted to play with Severus. She then started playfully nipping Severus, trying to get him to chase her. After a few times getting nipped by Shadow, Severus jumped on her and started to wrestle with Shadow. Shadow was taken by surprise but she let Severus wrestle her. Severus was gently nipping Shadow and was keeping her down. Shadow was having lots of fun with Severus and was laughing hard.

" Ok,ok you win. Let me go" Shadow begged him to get off of her. Severus listened and released her from his grasp. After playing Severus showed Shadow his territory. Shadow gasped at the sight.

" Oh my god, it's beautiful Severus, I love it." He replied.

" I thought you might." Severus lived in a place of the forest, where there was a waterfall and opened space. There was also rivers with fish and with lots of prey . The den was near the river. Shadow walked inside the den. It was big with lots of room for the both of them. For dinner, Severus went fishing in the river and caught a couple of fish for them to share. Shadow was in the den resting. When Severus was done he walked to the den and came inside. He laid down next to Shadow and they both started to eat the fish that he caught. After they were done eating Severus snuggled next to Shadow and they both fell asleep.