Unbreakable ( Pickles )

It was a small house, with two rooms and a kitchen, it wasn't at its best condition, but it was still the best place for the Tegu family. A place that was the store house of warmth and love for them, something that they wouldn't trade for anything else in this world.

"You liked it before, isn't it?"Amol's mother Renu, asks Amol.

"It's too sour Ahma (mother)," Amol says.

"Pickles, are suppose to be sour," Renu says, with a hidden smirk beneath her voice.

Amol knew his mother too well and he knew she was going to comment about something, that would make him feel a little awkward.

"From the day, Chaya made you a bottle of pickle, you seem to not like my pickle," Renu tells Amol with a playful smile and like a typical mother she said it, to embarrass him.

Amol's cheeks turn red and he suddenly feels very uncomfortable under his mother's gaze.

"You think too much Ahma," Amol manages to speak.

Renu enjoys seeing her son flushing at Chaya's name, so she laughs.

Meanwhile Amol's father, Krishu and Bhannu enter the kitchen, where Amol was eating the food served by his mother.

"I thought you all would be late Baba" Renu tells Amol's Father, Dhirju.

"How much time does it take to go to the tailor". Dhirju tells Renu, while he takes out his plate from the shelf.

Renu stands up to help her husband and takes the plate from his hand to serve the food.

"Ahma where is my plate?" Krishu asks his mother, as he stretches himself to see if he can take his plate out, being unable to do so, his father helps him by taking the plate out for him.

"Here somebody cannot even wait for us to eat" Dhirju tells Amol bluntly.

"He hadn't eaten anything all day, he was hungry" Renu quickly answers in favour of Amol.

"So he couldn't wait for us for a few minutes, this is the only time of the day, we get to sit and eat together" Dhirju says in an annoyed tone.

"Forget it Baba, we always eat together at night, he was hungry" Renu tells Dhirju.

Renu looked at Amol and she knew that he had felt bad.

"Eat" Renu says Amol, after a while, when she realizes, that Amol was just fiddling with his food and not eating it.

"I am done" Amol says to his mother.

"Now waste food, this it is not a house, it's a city hotel anyway" Dhirju says in a rude tone.

Renu knew Amol would never answer back to his father, even if he was hurt.

"Why?" Renu asks Amol, ignoring her husband.

"I am just done Ahma" Amol says.

"Do you want to eat something else?" Renu tells Amol with a concerned look.

"His father is a very wealthy person, feed him with a variety of dishes, of course we can afford it" Dhirju sarcastically says.

"Will you keep quiet for a moment" Renu irritatedly tells her husband.

Amol picks his plate, stands up and puts the plate in the corner of the kitchen, where the dishes were washed.

"Amol where are you going ?" Renu asks Amol, as she sees him going out of the kitchen.

"To get some fresh air" Amol answers.

Renu knew he needed to clear his mind, so she nodded in agreement.