Chapter 2

Chapter 2 – We Meet Once Again, My Old Friend~

     A meteor that was not yet supposed to enter the Earth’s orbit for almost another several years, unexpectedly crashed here on Earth. Due to unknown circumstances as to why the meteor suddenly crashed, Harrison and other top scientists and researchers immediately went to the meteor’s coordinates (which was in a deserted place where no inhabitants were found not until a few miles away) for further investigation. They made every attempt to study the meteor’s physical makeup and forces. Due to the lack of equipment that they brought along with them, they eventually brought it back to HQ for further studying.

     Once they got there, Harrison and company were immediately notified of mysterious crimes and incidents that were happening all over the world. From a sudden stampede of elephants that destroyed two towns in Africa; a family in Georgia was found dead in their home except for their youngest daughter, nothing else was found to explain their sudden deaths; to a large portion of the Great Wall of China found suddenly missing, causing 7 deaths and 19 injured during the incident; and numerous more that followed.

     “How much data have you gathered while we were out?” Harrison asked seriously.

     “Nothing has been confirmed yet. There is not much data except for the occurrences themselves.” said the subordinate while keeping up with Harrison’s pace of walking.

     “This is quite the predicament were in. Joshua, please prepare the research equipment and transportation to Georgia. We’ll leave first thing tomorrow.”

     “Right away, Sir.” Joshua replied.

***

     As the scientists were about to depart, they were informed of a new information about the incident in Georgia.

     “Sir, the woman that is currently taking care of the little girl called the police last night and reported about corpses being next to the girl while she was sleeping.”

     After hearing that, Michael J. Harrison immediately bade them farewell and ordered the helicopter pilot to head to Georgia.

     “Thank you for the info and goodbye!” Harrison shouted whilst waving them adieu.

     “Pilot, it’s time for take off! We need to be in Georgia ASAP!” Harrison said enthusiastically.

     “Understood, Sir. Everyone please brace yourselves!”

***

     “Sir, we are about to land in Georgia!” the pilot hollered despite all the noise.

     “Understood. Everyone please prepare for landing!” Harrison ordered.

     “Yes, Sir!” the members replied in unison.

     After getting off on the helipad, Harrison gestured at one of his colleagues and told him to inspect the equipment they brought along.

     “Please make sure everything is intact and fully functional by the time I need it.” Harrison instructed.

     “Understood. Everything will be ready at once.” answered his colleague.

     “Good. Make sure to do so and please continue to inform me about the latest incidents.” Harrison said nonchalantly.

     “Will do, Sir.” replied his colleague.

     Harrison and colleague bid farewell to each other. Harrison went down through the lobby and stood outside the building’s main entrance and thought about what do next.