Chapter 1

Chapter: Genesis

    In the year 20XX, a new meteor was discovered heading towards Earth. It was confirmed that the meteor would not enter Earth’s orbit until numerous years later in the far future. But still, this new meteor was entirely out of the ordinary. It had multi-coloured particles glowing around it, like it was being protected.

     Observers have been puzzled just by its mere existence. Having inadequate equipment made it even more frustrating for them. Being unable to discover new information about the universe made the researchers and scientists hopeless. So instead of doing pointless research and experiments that always gave unsatisfying results, they gave up and postponed the research for the future researchers and scientists.

     But there was one scientist who was persistent enough to drive himself into seclusion. That scientist was Michael J. Harrison. Harrison was a successful scientist. He studied at the top elite schools ever since he was a child. He lived in a middle-classed family consisting of his parents and siblings. He had 3 brothers and 2 sisters. His older siblings and he worked part-time to be their family’s financial support.

     Harrison was always a hardworking child. His parents always praised him for it. He was always interested in science and about the universe. Harrison won awards and competitions as if it was his hobby. He was praised for his works and discoveries and was later recruited by his country’s top scientific organization as an intern and later rose to the top of the organization. He was truly a talented child.

     While he was in seclusion, Harrison was on the brink of losing his mind. He nearly gave up until… one of his computers started to go off. When he heard the alarm, he quickly rushed towards it as if his life was at stake.

     As Harrison read the computer’s readings, his face lit up. He has finally reached a milestone in his work. From the readings he read, he realized that the meteor would crash in the near future and immediately made preparations. Preparations to discover humanity’s next step to evolution.

     What he didn't know was that this was just the beginning, of either humanity's evolution or the world's demise.

     Well… what he doesn't know wouldn't hurt him… right?