-Chapter 12

“Wake up please, Ian wake up.” Anthony’s voice echoes in my head. I was never asleep in the first place, was I?

I see Anthony. We’re together now, and everything is fine.

I see Ian. He’s gorgeous, and has Anthony’s beautiful hair and kalel’s eyes.

I walk into the light. Everything is perfect. Too perfect.

“Please don’t leave me now, I love you! I love you.”

Am I really awake? Wait, why am I walking into the light?

Am I dying? Don’t you walk into the light when you die?

That’s when I remember. I got shot in the heart! That’s what I’m doing here.

I try to struggle free, but I can’t. Am I doomed? Am I going to live the rest of my life in this darkness? Will I become a vegetable? No, I will not let this happen. It’s not my time. I have plenty to live for now. A year ago, maybe I would have succumbed to this horrible fate. I HAVE to live. Anthony can’t lose me too.

I try to scream, but no sound escapes my mouth.

I want to wake up, so I can move to L.A. So I can see Anthony again, and meet little Ian.

Even though I see them in my head, it’s not the same.

“Please, can I wake up?” I think to myself. “Just so I can see Anthony once? That’s all I want. That’s all.”

 Then I feel this searing pain in my chest. I hear the continuous beeping of the life support machine, and the hushed chatter of people.

I move my fingers.

“He’s waking up daddy, he’s waking up.” A child says. I immediately know who’s here.

Anthony and his kid.