Don't Leave Me

🥀

Rose:

I stiffen even more than I already did. What does he even mean?

He lets out a deep breath obviously taken in my shaken up state.

"I don't know what I'm doing Rose! You deserve someone that does. A guy that would do everything right." He rambles.

Even in such an intense moment my heart swells at his words. Why couldn't he do everything right? He was the only guy I found myself wanting.

He tugs at his floppy brown locks. "This wasn't supposed to happen." He mutters. This sets me off. It's almost as if my swelling heart dropped straight down to the pit of my stomach.

"I'm sorry I'm such a burden." I mutter looking down at my hands.

His large hand wraps around my chin and forces me to look up at him. "You're not. Not at all. It's just I- I should've left you alone. It'd be so much better for you." He sighs.

I don't realize I'm crying until he swipes my cheek with his thumb. "You don't know what's good for me Grayson." I mutter. "But I do." He mutters.

My eyebrows knit together. "I don't have feelings for girls Rose. I never do relationships and that's what you need. You don't need to focus on me and get your feelings hurt." He says yet again.

I'm sick of him saying this. He's proven to me that he has feelings. He must at least feel a tad bit of something for me. That kiss was full of passion and it was so gentle.

"You don't have feelings for me?" I manage to ask. "I do. That's why I should leave." He mutters standing up and making me miss him even more.

I never thought that this cold guy would make such a big impact on me. I used to hate his guts and now I realize I'm falling for him and I don't want him to leave.

"Don't leave me." I say barely above a whisper as he reaches for my door handle. "I'll see you later Rose." He mutters as he steps out of my room and then closes my door behind him.

My breath hitches in all the wrong ways. My chest tightens. Why would he do that? He couldn't tell I wanted him? I need him here.

I hate sitting here alone and worst of all I hate missing him. Why did I have to have these feelings for him? I should've listened to myself when I said he was bad news.

But I didn't listen and look where I'm at.